Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whats the best bow for the money? >

Whats the best bow for the money?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats the best bow for the money?

Old 02-08-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Whats the best bow for the money?

I will ship ya a Alpine Impact extreme all set up for $200.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If your heart is set on a new bow, go Bear. You won't be sorry. Another good bow for a good price is the new Diamond Rock (replaced the Rapture).
Old 02-08-2008, 08:05 AM

Another vote for Fred Bear.............dollar for dollar probably one of the best deals in archery. I have seen this bow retail for $575. Pretty tough to beat at that price.

33" ATA

60 or 70lbs

24"--30" draw options

7" Brace height

314-318 fps IBO

3.9lbs weight
Old 02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want to stay with PSE, the Nova is a very good bow. I've had mine for 8 years, tried to switch and went back to it. You can buy it for around $200. new.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Another vote for the Bowtech Tomkat here... SUGGESTED list is $599, so you can probably find one considerably cheaper -- and complete with some of Bowtech's top-of-the-line technology (binary cams) and the ability to interchange between the speed and smooth mods. Find a leftover 2007 (they didn't change anything on them) and you're REALLY talking about getting a great deal!

Speed up to 315 fps with an 8 1/2" brace height for under $600? It's one of the sleepers in the industry, and has a good solid base of supporters which include some pretty hard-core veteran hunters.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was under the impression price was a factor. I couldn't see myself spending $600 for a bow if I was concerned with price.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Another vote for the Bowtech Tomkat here... SUGGESTED list is $599, so you can probably find one considerably cheaper -- and complete with some of Bowtech's top-of-the-line technology (binary cams) and the ability to interchange between the speed and smooth mods. Find a leftover 2007 (they didn't change anything on them) and you're REALLY talking about getting a great deal!

Speed up to 315 fps with an 8 1/2" brace height for under $600? It's one of the sleepers in the industry, and has a good solid base of supporters which include some pretty hard-core veteran hunters.
Greg, I know a Hard Core hunter that believe me could afford any Bow he wanted or 2 or 3 or well you get the picture. He swears by the TomKat.

He Loves it!

Dan
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Spike

Look at a PSE Brute too. Smooth shooting but just a touch heavy.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Anything Hoyt or Reflex will provide years of reliable service for you.Hoyt is my prefered brand.Reflex bows are a affordable alternative to Hoyt and are still made ofhigh quality parts also.Check Ebay like everyone else said but ask alot of questions before bidding.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:28 AM

Bear instinct.

Quick Reply: Whats the best bow for the money?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.