Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt) >

Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt)

Old 02-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt)

Matt spec'd out some fat shafts for me through some software and I ordered them Tuesday night, received them today, cut them, fletched them, glued in the points and took a shot.

Here's what he spec'd for me.

Carbon Express CXL - SS 250's
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_79_65_81&products_id =8413&osCsid=ef6eda9383986ffd99412eb94e3459e5

Carbon Express CXL Adjustable weight glue in points (go from 60 grains adjustable up to 135)
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_79_65_81&products_id =5949&osCsid=ef6eda9383986ffd99412eb94e3459e5

And 2" fletch but I went with Blazers.

Here's what he says they will come in at:

OnTarget2 is saying that at 62lbs, 28.5" draw, 27" shaft length, 90 grains in the front of the shaft, your complete arrow will weigh in at 314 grains, and you should realistically see about 314fps with the peep, loop, etc......all added into the mix. Not too shabby for 28.5.
What they actually came in at was, (I cut them at) 27" shafts, 85 grain tips with Blazers, they weighed in at exactly 314 grains!

What he didn't take into consideration is the 82nd's speed. The actual fps this combo 62lbs, 28.5" draw and 314 grain arrow is 330 fps!

I want to thank Rick James for taking the time to help me out with my arrow choice for 3D.

I qualified at Harrisburg with my ACC's, 346 grains at 320 fps. I'm going to go ahead and shoot the finals with my ACC's this weekend but will be switching over to the CX's after Saturday.

Thank Matt. Kudos my friend. !

Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt)

Wow really nice! So you qualified and shot that well with those real thin ACC's?? Now thats impressive!! Imagine what kinda numbers you would have put up with the logs!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:24 PM

I just got Some CX CXL 250s and I love em so far.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's awesome!

I've got some LineJammer 250s being mailed my way with some 90-grain points glued in, too! Thanks, Matt!

(though it's a different Matt [8D])
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, I also want to give kudos' to Lancaster Archery. When opening everything I discovered there was only 10 points in the dozen pack so I called them. I talked to a guy name Rob (imagine that) and he was going to send them out immediately at no charge. Then we got to talking and I ordered some more nocks as I know I'll be busting some. Anyway, I mentioned I'll be in Harrisburg Saturday and he said instead of mailing them to me and get them Monday, he'll hand them to me in Harrsiburg. Nice guy, great customer service. Kudo's Lancaster archery.

Kudo's Matt (Rick James).
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

That sounds like some really great customer service!

One of these days I'll have to break down and get me some of that software too. I don't have enough archery stuff here at the house, you know...
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got your VM, was already on the indoor 3D course when you called.....[8D].

I only wish I would have been a little closer with Matt's bow.......although both OT2 and CX were wrong on their spine charts with that one.

Enjoy them! I look forward to shooting at them at some point this summer......lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 PM

Rob, I'm sure glad to see you're shooting a REAL arrow for a change....Seriously, I'm anxious to read what you think of the Carbon Expressarrows......They really are awesome....

They aren't aluminum though....

You're shooting CX, Greg is shooting CX....what.....bowtech made some sort of .....arrangement.......w/ CX?? I'm shooting aluminum.....WHAT is the world coming too???
Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Enjoy them! I look forward to shooting at them at some point this summer......lol.
I hope so too but for you, after seeing your quiver, "that guy" I made up a couple black ones! [8D] LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

What does that do to the spine? Or were they a little stiff to begin with?

Quick Reply: Really no good forum, Kudos Rick James (Matt)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.