Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Going aluminum!! >

Going aluminum!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going aluminum!!

Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Default Going aluminum!!

Well, I am going back to aluminum this year. I've done the light/fast/carbon thing for a few years now, and don't have anything against it, it has it's advantages. I just want to change things up a bit, and after shooting these lincoln log X7's......I REALLY like how hard they hit, and they are forgiving. Suddenly my X count shot up, wonder why??

So anyway, I'm wanting to shoot an aluminum w/ a finished weight around 500 grains ( I still shoot those 282 fps ) and I will be dipping and cresting them. That's where I'm looking for ideas. I know I want them dipped white, and I will be using 4" feathers, 2 flo orange and 1 barred white....

I'm looking for ideas on a cresting pattern, so if any of you have crested arrows, post them up. Even if you have wraps that are in the tradtional crested pattern, I'm interested in seeing them. Don't worry, I won't copy them, I just want some ideas. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Going aluminum!!

ORIGINAL: mobow

Well, I am going back to aluminum this year. I've done the light/fast/carbon thing for a few years now, and don't have anything against it, it has it's advantages. I just want to change things up a bit, and after shooting these lincoln log X7's......I REALLY like how hard they hit, and they are forgiving. Suddenly my X count shot up, wonder why??

So anyway, I'm wanting to shoot an aluminum w/ a finished weight around 500 grains ( I still shoot those 282 fps ) and I will be dipping and cresting them. That's where I'm looking for ideas. I know I want them dipped white, and I will be using 4" feathers, 2 flo orange and 1 barred white....

I'm looking for ideas on a cresting pattern, so if any of you have crested arrows, post them up. Even if you have wraps that are in the tradtional crested pattern, I'm interested in seeing them. Don't worry, I won't copy them, I just want some ideas. Thanks.
No one that I know of crests their arrows ina pink pattern[:-]
Old 02-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Maybe that's because they aren't leaders....
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

look up Greg/MO's capping and cresting instructional thread. There are a bunch in there.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

ORIGINAL: mobow

No one that I know of crests their arrows ina pink pattern[:-]
YOu know me
I like white, just because red shows up better. I can get a good view of the blood and what I hit.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Dominant Buck

I thought about going this route, too......but I'm afraid all the guys I shoot 3D with wouldn't be very kind to my new choice in weaponry.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

There used to be a guy in the classifieds that had a ton of pics, but I checked and couldn't find them.

You might want to try the FMJ for hunting. They carry a lot of weight. Wouldn't work too good for targets, pretty skinny, but great hunting arrows.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aluminums were fun to shoot---but I have been with carbons for the past three years and like the way they zip through things!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

arrows42071 is the guy with the custom cresting and capping
Old 02-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

heres a link http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2133234&mpage=1

Quick Reply: Going aluminum!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.