Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought? >

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned

Default Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

I will have to give it to the fighting purr call from Knight and Hale from years ago. For those that don't know, it was two box calls that you were to use and they made an ungodful noise. Probably scared turkeys, coyotes, and all living things into the next county. Didn't work for me anyway. So great it was never seen in the stores again. Man I was a sap.[:@] Come to mention it, everything they sale is a joke IMO. What is their latest, that bow brace thing that hooks on your arm and stabilizes your arm for shooting? Anybody actually use it and like it?
Alright, what hunting product or products do you feel you got ripped off on?
Old 02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Buck stop GRAPE flavored hunting lure way back in the day what a rip off, and i was nieve to even use it, but hey i was a youngpunk [8D]and that skunk smelling cover scent. if you think about it when a skunk lets it fly, it means danger, a deer never came close to me when i had that stuff on my boots, the wife was not very happy either
Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a pump action yelper by Lohman years ago.....sounds really bad.....never ever use it anymore...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Buck stop GRAPE flavored hunting lure way back in the day what a rip off, and i was nieve to even use it, but hey i was a youngpunk [8D]and that skunk smelling cover scent. if you think about it when a skunk lets it fly, it means danger, a deer never came close to me when i had that stuff on my boots, the wife was not very happy either
Guilty here too...not sure how I thought that was a good idea.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

wooosh im glad i wasnt the only one
ORIGINAL: YooperMike

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Guilty here too...not sure how I thought that was a good idea.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does an Engagement ring count?????

Not sure what he dumbest thing was, maybe a cheap release at Wal-Mart that was on clearance that resulted in 2 errant arrows, because it didn't "let go" like I thought it was supposed to do. It was more like an "anti-release." Thought it would be ok as an emergency back-up, after 2 tries, I scrapped that thing, then again, what should I expect from "ALLEN," and for $3. []
Old 02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most definitely, without a doubt, the worst thing I ever bought was the Butt Out tool.

I should have seen it coming...[8D]
Old 02-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

Not the dumbest thing I ever bought, but one of the dumbest things I ever did........... I followed the directions on a bottle of Tinks #69 and put out 8 scent bombs around my stand. I scared off every deer in my hunting area by doing that! [&:]
Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

Allen Broadheads from wal-mart Out of the box they were duller than a thunderhead that had been shot into the ground 6 times.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jennings Matt Cleland signature bow[&:]

Quick Reply: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.