Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought? >

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Old 02-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

What's up with people and the Can. It works great for me I have shot 2 bucks with it.

My stupidest buy was a blow up Doe decoy. It was more of a novelty Item for the adult industry but I had to try it out in the woods. I blew her up and anchored her to the ground and as the afternoon went on it got a little windy and she broke free and popped.
Why not try an inflatable sheep on your next coyote hunt. lol. I'll volunteer to video the hunt!
Old 02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I found it on line.

ORIGINAL: grneyemonstr

My stupidest buy was a blow up Doe decoy. It was more of a novelty Item for the adult industry but I had to try it out in the woods. I blew her up and anchored her to the ground and as the a little windy and she broke free and popped.
What kind of sick sex shop are you going to?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds fun. Name the time and I'll buy the Sheep.
ORIGINAL: magicman54494

What's up with people and the Can. It works great for me I have shot 2 bucks with it.

My stupidest buy was a blow up Doe decoy. It was more of a novelty Item for the adult industry but I had to try it out in the woods. I blew her up and anchored her to the ground and as the afternoon went on it got a little windy and she broke free and popped.
Why not try an inflatable sheep on your next coyote hunt. lol. I'll volunteer to video the hunt!
Old 02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

here it is with a link Not the same one but close

http://www.inflatabledecoys.com/MyShoppingPlace/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=40

Old 02-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Spike

With no doubt the Guardian.....what a joke of a product.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Dominant Buck

A set of green long Johns. What was I thinking? LOL I too was a victim of the Baker Tree Stand. Although, I didn't consider it a mistake as it was the only one out there. I bought it before they ever made a hand climbing section. I tried to climb a smooth barked beech with it one time. Well When I got about 12 or 14 feet up it kicked out. I'm hugging the tree for all I'm worth as I chattered down the tree. My chin and face are bouncing offevery little ripple in the tree. MY arms are hugging as hard as I can. With every chatter I dug in deeper and harder but I couldn't slow my decent until the stand and I crushed my bow and arrows leaning against the bottom of the tree. Every arrow in my quiver was busted, my chin, nose and left cheek and foreheadlook like I've been not too delicately skinned and my forearmswere just about as bad.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM

Any of these "deer attractants" I honestly don't know how any of the oldtimers "ever" shot a deer without a trip to Cabelas or any other Hunt store. Amazing. LOL!!!! I don't use baits, scents, or calls ever. I use my BDU's for camo only ( how does a deer see a leaf on your RT jacket at 50 yds?). But the dumbest was a flash trail cam. Set it up on my favorite trail that I was seeing a 150 class on, got 2 pics one night, never to see him on that trail again, or his tracks. My neighbor got him skirting while eyeballing and whiffing my property the following season.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I bought some broadheads at Wally World....each one of them broke the first time I shot them. And I also bought some kind of grunt/rattling box from bass pro...it was only 3 bucks so i figured why not. Never used it
Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

The Baker tree stories are killing me.My uncle had the same thing happen..LMAO .Mine was the rangefinder that was about the size of a pager.You look through it and it had a curved line in it,so you sized up the the deer in it.Leather hunting boots,Deer insence and all the crap that goes on sale after season.I could be driving a Escalade.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Fork Horn

Has anyone heard of that snorkel for hunters? Wow...

Quick Reply: Dumbest hunting item you have ever bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.