Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Form or comfort?? >

Form or comfort??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Form or comfort??

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Form or comfort??

When you shoot your bow do you strive for that "perfect" form or do you shoot the way you feel comfortable?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Form or comfort??

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

When you shoot your bow do you strive for that "perfect" form or do you shoot the way you feel comfortable?
I'm striving to be totally comfortable with perfect form.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

like kyle says....i dont know if my form is perfect...im sure its not....but i work on it and watch it and try to get it there and feel comfortable with it...i try to watch it as much as possible so i can correct it so my problems dont become comfortable. that way, when im not in good form, it will feel uncomfortable...

if that makes any sense.....if you practice good form, it will be comfortable and with repatition, you will notice when your not in good form....
Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Repetition and working specifically on engraining good form into muscle memory, will make it comfortable. [8D] They really should go hand in hand.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM

Form.

After time good form becomes comfortable.

I'm of the school of thought that says "Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect."
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me over the years, it is comfort. Why. Because I have never really had anyone of skill set up my bow other than string my bow. I am not really good at everything and I know my bow is not even closely to perfectly tuned, so I shoot my bow so much that the small things(bad tunings) "disappear" in a sense...this year I need to chage it up and head to the pro shop so that someone can assess my form and tune my bow to fit me perfectly. I have gone too many years just relying on my practice time to overcome my shooting form/tuning flaws.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know it when the shot just feela comfortable effortless and hits the bull, It's almost zen-like!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Repetition and working specifically on engraining good form into muscle memory, will make it comfortable. [8D] They really should go hand in hand.
+1
Old 02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that the most comfortable way to shoot IS with proper form.

When you see pictures of people with poor form, I always think "Dang that looks UN-comfortable"; whether it's craning the neck to see through a peep, or a DL that is too long or short, or a bow arm that has too much bend, or tension in the grip hand. All of these form flaws, IMO, also cause the shooter to feel uncomfortable.

I think comfort and good form are one and the same.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont care if i look good shooting......i just want to be accurate

Quick Reply: Form or comfort??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.