Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE faster than 82nd? >

PSE faster than 82nd?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE faster than 82nd?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 AM

Default PSE faster than 82nd?

I was watching Easton Reality Hunting this morning and there was an episode of this father and son bowhunting in Alaska for Mountain Goat. They were obviously sponsering PSE but I was impressed by the speed the son's bow was putting out. They chrono-ed it at 372 fps! I think he said it was a X force or G force 12??? He said it was the smoothest and quietest bow he ever shot...BS! Does anyone know what model it is?

Also, I must say, Alaska is beautiful! I envy anyone who ever got the chance to go there.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PSE faster than 82nd?

One of two things: Either he was shooting below 5 gpp, or his chrono was screwed up.

Both PSE's X-force and Bowtech's 82nd shoot right around the 348 fps mark.

372?? I don't know about all that..

I don't know what model, but I think he said something about the pull weight being 90 lbs!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Oh... well, I didn't even consider that. The 348 I referenced above is at IBO specs.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM

Understandable. I figured as much. I just hate when people mislead viewers like that to try and sell something.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:38 AM

Ive been lucky enough to go to Alaska twice. Once when i was three and my grandma was a teacher there so we just hung out and went out on the boat for a little while. We also went to dump some garbage in the local dump and the dump was on fire and the bears were already there and belive it or not, one of the bears sat down and when he got up his butt was smoking and he was running.The 2nd time we went and spent two weeks on a little house boat and fished and I caught the most fish and the biggest, and we would anchor in coves and sometimes when we would wake up and look out there would be bears walking around on the shore. Best vacation ever. Plan on moving there
Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 AM

Dan, no whitetails there though, what you gonna do??? LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Hunter Dan7

...believe it or not, one of the bears sat down and when he got up his butt was smoking and he was running.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: LostInWoods

Understandable. I figured as much. I just hate when people mislead viewers like that to try and sell something.

I saw the episode...........he was pulling 95lbs and didn't try to mislead anyone......it was clearly stated.

Did you notice what he had on his bow that allowed him to draw sideways on the ground during his stalk??

That was some tough hunting.

WORST part of the show was when his dad launched an arrow into the sky at those sheep just so he could say he shot at one

Quick Reply: PSE faster than 82nd?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.