Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past >

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Big,those last couple inches are really the ones that matter imo,that is when all the things that happened on the shot will show up,ie,torque,dropped arm etc.
Isn't that true for drop aways aswell??........only you are now talking about the time the rest falls to when it leaves the string.No support or guidance other then the string at that point and surely the above willshow up just as dramatically.......won't they?......perhaps even moreso depending onhow quickly the rest drops. Some of the footage on theSpot Hogg website shows morethen half the arrow running by with no support...........if gravity can't even act that faston more then half an arrow then how dramatic would the things you mentioned haveto be to act on amere3-4 inches?

I don't think the WB or a drop away willbe the rate limiting factor in that situation........if it's even possible at all.
I agree....

I still believe 99% of the problems with accuracy have to with the shooter or the set up.......NOT due to the type of rest.

I've been saying this all along...The Whisker Biscuit rest ismore accuratethan 99% of the shooters who use them. Most will never shoot to the accuracy potential of the rest in their entire life....I know I never will. If all I can end up doing is putting three arrows in the same location as the dude in the video, at THAT range......well I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Whisker Biscuit sweeps Super Tuesday Primariesand will be the next President of the United States.

Many thought the drummed up criminal record would hurt WB's chances....but the smoking gun was a '93 malicious assault arrest that resulted in WB's pleading to a lesser charge of battery. Seems the Biscuit's been kicking ass for years.

The WB actually preceeded the bow......and the bow was invented to compliment the WB. Betcha didn't know that.

Cupid shoots a biscuit, and cherubs have their own signature model.

It really is that good. That's gospel.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey cool video.. Good shooting!
What do I care what rest someone shoots? It's like caring what deer they shoot..If it makes ya happy shoot it.
It's called a REST it doesn't do much...You could tape a stone to your riser and shoot accurately off it, if you so desire.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

cupid is the Man Lmao Jeff, this is good stuff
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Whisker Biscuit sweeps Super Tuesday Primariesand will be the next President of the United States.

Many thought the drummed up criminal record would hurt WB's chances....but the smoking gun was a '93 malicious assault arrest that resulted in WB's pleading to a lesser charge of battery. Seems the Biscuit's been kicking ass for years.

The WB actually preceeded the bow......and the bow was invented to compliment the WB. Betcha didn't know that.

Cupid shoots a biscuit, and cherubs have their own signature model.

It really is that good. That's gospel.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: TFOX

Big,those last couple inches are really the ones that matter imo,that is when all the things that happened on the shot will show up,ie,torque,dropped arm etc.
Isn't that true for drop aways aswell??........only you are now talking about the time the rest falls to when it leaves the string.No support or guidance other then the string at that point and surely the above willshow up just as dramatically.......won't they?......perhaps even moreso depending onhow quickly the rest drops. Some of the footage on theSpot Hogg website shows morethen half the arrow running by with no support...........if gravity can't even act that faston more then half an arrow then how dramatic would the things you mentioned haveto be to act on amere3-4 inches?

I don't think the WB or a drop away willbe the rate limiting factor in that situation........if it's even possible at all.
I agree....

I still believe 99% of the problems with accuracy have to with the shooter or the set up.......NOT due to the type of rest.

I've been saying this all along...The Whisker Biscuit rest ismore accuratethan 99% of the shooters who use them. Most will never shoot to the accuracy potential of the rest in their entire life....I know I never will. If all I can end up doing is putting three arrows in the same location as the dude in the video, at THAT range......well I guess I'll just have to live with it.

Completely agree
Old 02-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Second question, he was near the target and the recorder was still taping AND recording his voice. How is this possible?
Simple, it's called a remote mike.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Howler

Second question, he was near the target and the recorder was still taping AND recording his voice. How is this possible?
Simple, it's called a remote mike.
BlueTooth
Old 02-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who's mike?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Who's mike?
He's Mic's twin brother.....and....you guessed it.....he shoots a biscuit, too (pro-staffer, I think)
Old 02-06-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

Thats some good shooting.

Im still switching to the Hostage Pro. All rests are accurate, im just tired of vane damage.
Amen to that Im getting rid of my WB ASAP!!

Ryan.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit accuracy past 20 yards.......WAY past

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.