Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT >

BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT

Old 01-19-2002, 05:39 AM
JPS

Default BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT

I have got it narrowed between the two.I will use it mostly for bowhunting and will use it more for ranging yardages after I get in the tree more than ranging deer themselfs.Does the different modes really matter much? Also how does the sport work? I mean once you turn it on how do you get readings?
Old 01-19-2002, 06:48 AM

Default RE: BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT

I bought the scout. The first one I got worked about a mouth and went haywire I sent it back and got a new one. For $300 I am disappointed with the quality. It will not work early in the morning, only with very light day, hazy no. I am not trying to trash a product, only to give an honest opinion. Of the two, I would go with the cheaper, only because I havent been pleased with the expensive one. If I had it to do over I would try the nikon. I hope this will be of help.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:05 AM

I use the sport works very nice.
button on top push once to turn on, push again & hold on target, deplays yardage lowwer right side. Has auto shut off
Old 01-19-2002, 08:07 AM
nub

I have the Scout also. It eats batteries and don't work in low light.
Old 01-19-2002, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

So??? Does the Sport work in low light. I have one of the old larger Bushnell 400s I believe it is, but was thinking of getting a smaller model. My 400 just about works in the dark.

Edited by - davidmil on 01/19/2002 10:12:51
Old 01-19-2002, 09:55 AM

yes would someone please review the sport for us. ive found them for 150$ on the net. thats about half what most others cost.
Old 01-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have had a Sport since this past August. I used it extensively during this season.

No problems here. The unit worked flawlessly and I only had to change batteries once.

I have used it to range in the dark...and it works perfectly fine....except, you can't see the numbers on the distance display unless they are outlined by some external light or light source.

I paid a little over $150 for it on sale...and I don't regret a penny.

Edited by - PABowhntr on 01/19/2002 12:55:59
Old 01-19-2002, 12:05 PM
Dominant Buck

Thanks PA.... I trust your evaluation a lot. I guess all I have to do is find a way to justify buying one when I have one that works great. I know..... mine is old. It's big. It's OLD. That might work. Just as long as my wife doesn't use the same logic with regards to me.
Old 01-19-2002, 05:32 PM

thanks pabowhuntr that was the info i needed ill have mine soon as my taxes get back
Old 01-19-2002, 05:39 PM

davidmil, I'll be glad to take that big old one off your hands if you get a new one.

Quick Reply: BUSHNELL SPORT OR SCOUT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.