Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

82nd and 101st

Old 02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 82nd and 101st

Is there any difference in how the two bows shoot. As in draw cycle, viabration, and how the bow feels. If the 101st shoots like the 82nd then i would get the 101st for the extra forgivness. I'm not too woried about speed. Thanks for any input.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 82nd and 101st

My evaluation is also what I've been hearing. The 82nd draws smoother, less shock in my opinion and the noise, very close, perhaps slightly less in the 82nd. Again, IMO Both great bows but I chose the A82!

Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob, probably gonna stick with the 82nd.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:26 PM

Havent shot the 101st but i know that the 82nd is smooth, fast, quiet, fast,light and it is even FAST!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have both and I am currently in the process of setting them up. I have not shot them enough to answer most of your questions, but I can tell you there is no difference in the draw. If there is it would have to be very minimal and therefore a moot point. That's why I bought them both.

I wanted to shoot both for a while and decide which I shot better. Speed is OK, but not at the sacrifice of any accuracy. After all the bows are both fast!!How much difference is 10 fps going to make?[&:]

Dan
Old 02-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

If you are not worried about speed, and forgiveness is what you want, why not go for the General?
Just wondering, I finally got my hands on them both over the weekend, and I can not get myself to shoot them so i don't have to "want them>
Old 02-04-2008, 07:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Everything I've always heard tells me that the longer the ATA.....the more "forgiveness" a bow offers. THAT is why I didn't go witht he General. It doesn't fit my all around need. Says NOTHING about whether or not it's a good bow or not. I think it is.

That being said......I got caught up in the speed thing.....and it's coming to bite me in the ass. I bought the 82nd because it was faster (at the risk of giving UP forgiveness via shorter brace height).

If I'm going to be able to shoot any sanctioned ASA.....I'm looking into a 50-60# pair of limbs AND building a heavier arrow.

Did you EVER think we'd be having issues trying to dumb one DOWN?
Old 02-04-2008, 11:49 AM

Great question, I was alsowondering about the difference between these two bows. It would seem to me that the 101st would be a better bow with the longer BH. But by reading the boards everyone seems to be choosing the 82nd. Has anyone shot the two of them enough to say one is more forgiving? Or are they so close that it doesn't matter and the extra speed of the 82nd is the deciding factor?
Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am all about getting all the Speed I can and seeing that both are faster than the Allegiance I would consider both fast bows. The 82 is supposedly10 fps faster than the 101, but it has a BH which is 1 1/8" taller. Most will agree a higher BH is usually more forgiving all else being equal A to A, etc. I talked to a friend 4 to 6 weeks ago and he had both. I asked him which he liked best and he said the 82. I talked to him last week and he decided he was going with the 101. I have them both, but honestly have not shot them enough to say one is more forgiving than the other. I am sure a lot of that will boil down to the Archer, his form, draw length, etc. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have a stronger opinion on the 2. Right now I think they are both Nice bows. Lets face it most guys will choose a bow for #'s, and not necessarily what is best for them. We all like to do a little chest pounding from time to time
Last season I ended up hunting most of the Fall with my Guardian which was shooting approx. 280 fps. That is one sweet Bow!

Dan
Old 02-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you'd have to go shoot them yourself to decide. I've talked to 2 different guys who've shot both, and both liked the 101st better, however, neither guy was giving up his old bow to guy one yet. One guy is shooting and Allegiance, the other a Vectrix XL, but considering a switch, but said probably not until next year.

Quick Reply: 82nd and 101st

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.