Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors! >

Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors!

Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors!

Well I made a couple invitations to all the local HNI guys who might want to shoot a little 3D today but most couldn't make it for one reason or another. I promise I'll get these guys out later. One did however agree to go shot so my friend Nate and I along with our own HNI's bowtechben met and headed out to do a little outdoor 3D'n. The weather tho chilled was going to be great. When we got there to the sportsmen club, they were not open.[&:]

I thought SOaB! Well guys I said, it's not that much farther to Catawissa for a little indoor 3D. Everyone agreed so we continued on.

We checked in ($10) and warmed up.

The Hoyt shop here has 32 targets ranged out to 30 yards. The ranger from everything from standing bears to raccoons, carp, skunks and deer. All Reinhart targets. They do not count 12's although all targets had either IBO center or ASA low 12 rings. We scored our accordingly. We marked 12's as a 10 and a dink beside the numbered target to keep it both ways. The first 18 targets are shot from ground level, targets 19 through 31 are shot from the second floor platforms and the 32nd target is shot from a seat on the second story platform.

Here's a shot from the range looking at the shooters area. The far right, second flr you can see the cut out for the seated shot.

When you leave the shooters stations, announce all clear when your done shooting, a red light is turned on and a buzzer sounds to open the gate which you must walk through.

I'd like to make note that this will be/was the very first 3D that Ben ever shot. Nate can hold his own. (Nate is the guy in buckeyes "twist" thread holding the huge droptine buck).

This is a picture of bowtechben in white and Nate standing on the second floor platform. Ben was shooting his Commander and Nate with a PSE.

Looking out over the range from the second flr shooting stations:

Looking back into 30 yard range area where targets are staggered. Some of these shots like the deer far right you have to just clear the bagger in front of it. The bedded deer was station 32, the chair. I twelved it.

Here is one of the second of two skunks you had to shoot. I had to laugh at the angle they choose. Oh, and that's my black arrow in the 10 ring...I picked on Nate cause all day I shot white/yellow fletch and he said, here you go first so I pulled out the black arrow to be a smart ass! And appropriate for the shot.

And pimpin the goods!

Totals for the day,

I led the way with a 308, 9x's. 326 if we counted 12's.

Nate dropped a couple more for a 296, 9x's and a 314 with 12's.

Ben, well. Ben had a great time and couldn't stop smiling and laughing. He was ready to shoot it again and can't wait to come back again.

I know we'll get Brian (BPBowhunter) and hopefully some other HNI'ers to go.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors!

Nice! Glad to see you guys had a good time! Good luck in Harrisburg!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Bartender

Very nice, would look good in the 3d forum.[8D]
Old 02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

awesome!! that looks like a pretty neat setup!! never saw anything like that...only seen 1 indoor 3d range and it was pretty cheesy...15 targets, you shoot each one twice to get 30...i just didnt like it and never really thought about shooting it. buddies shot it last week and said it wasnt bad but they liked the outdoor ones...think i might like something like yours better...looks like it would be a fun time..exspecially the 2nd floor...
Old 02-03-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was a first time thing for me. I have never shot 3D other than a buck in a buddy's back yard. Pretty stinkin fun if you ask me. As I told Rob, if it wasn't Super Sunday, I would have been up for another 32 in a heartbeat. Anyhow, can't wait until the call or the PM comes again, thanks for a great Sunday afternoon guys.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a pretty nice course! How far from my place is this Rob? I'd like to shoot this place sometime.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt (RJ), let me know ahead of time when you think you'll be in our neck of the woods and we'll round up some playa's and make a small get together. Maybe Matt / PA and Frankie will drive up, perhaps Kurt could come into town, BPBowhunter, bowtechben, twildson, tkycaller and any others close enough to want to come play.

And thanks guys, great fun today. Ben, we might shoot an outdoor next Sunday, for real this time. LOL
Old 02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Dominant Buck

MAN that looks like a lot of fun.

Pretty cool, guys......congrats on the great day.

(I shot 207 ...20 targets....in my 3D tournament outdoors, today. Won't know how that did for a few hours)

Old 02-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a great time! Wish I could have made it.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like you still had a good time

Quick Reply: Went to Shoot an Outdoor 3D, ended up Indoors!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.