Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much would my arrow have to weigh? >

How much would my arrow have to weigh?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much would my arrow have to weigh?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default How much would my arrow have to weigh?

How much weight would I have to add to my current 327gr arrow.....to get my 82nd legal for ASA shoots?

Right now....it's firing them about 329fps at 62#'s.

I'm shooting GT X-Cutter Pros at 27.5". I'm assuming I could add weight via the GT wrench and add the weight in the head. But....can I add enough?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much would my arrow have to weigh?

Jeff:

I just plugged it all in, and your going to need about 545 grains to slow it down to 284........
Old 02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Is that possible? I mean....can I add that much weight to the head?

What if I went with the 30X?

What would YOU do, Matt?
Old 02-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could make up4 fpsby dropping down to 60# as well.... Little help in the grand scheme though

Old 02-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not 100% sure, but doesn't Goldtip offer a weight tube system that slides inside the shaft to add weight to the entire length of the shaft? I would think you could use that to increase your arrow weight significantly, then add the rest up front through insert weights and point weight to get your FOC where you want it.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get some new limbs

I think you can achieve the speed you want with the 30X's. That would be about the only carbon shaft you could shoot.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have you thought of trying an alumunium arrow< i may have some 2413's laying around that you could try as well - should still give you the line cutting ability you are looking for and SLow that thing down some < who would have ever thought there would be a conversation about slowing an arrow down
Old 02-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff:

Adding 200+ grainsto your current arrow really isn't the best option......that many weights stacked up in there may have problems coming loose, I don't know anyone that has ever had that problem to be honest......lol. Even the weights to do this alone, are going to be expensive. The x-cutters aren't going to do this for you without adding a TON of weights in there. To get ASA legal in your situation, I'd probably setup some 30x Pro's, with 150 grain points, 40 grains of additional weight behind the points, and 4" vanes. These arrows would also double for a great indoor arrow, they are a bit fatter than what you have and what I also shoot indoors now, and what I shot for the only ASA tournament I've shot in.

Also, I hate to say it because I know you just spent a LOT of $$$ on that 82nd.......but if ASA is the most popular venue around you and you want to be serious....I'd likely be looking for another bow that has a bit more forgiving characteristics, and isn't quite so quick. If you want a Bowtech.........the 07' + Constitution fits that bill nicely. This would also be MUCH more ideal for indoor spots if you ever want to get serious about that. The 82nd is really a great hunting/IBO 3D bow, but it has almost the exact opposite characteristics of what a guy with 29" draw would typicallywant in a indoor/asa bow.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Bartender

I would like to make a requestplease take this to the technical forum.

Thanks,
T
Old 02-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FRALEY

I would like to make a requestplease take this to the technical forum.

Thanks,
T
Where do all of your "hello sunshine" type posts belong than? Live and let live, let the mods make the decisions governing the moving of threads...

IMO

Quick Reply: How much would my arrow have to weigh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.