Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtec limbs...

Old 02-03-2008, 06:34 AM

Default Bowtec limbs...

I am just curious about the integrity of the Bowtec limbs.. A buddy of mine got a bowtec last year and he had a problem with one of the cams so he took it in to the local bow shop to fix it. The found a crack in one of his limbs (I know what most are going to think...he prob dry-fired the thing..maybe). But the guy at the pro shop said that bowtec has (or had) a problem with limbs cracking. Is this a problem a guy should think about when deciding on a new bow. I did some research and found that if Bowtec had a downside, it would be with the limbs.

I know A LOT of you shoot bowtec and was wonder about your personal opinions on this matter...
Old 02-03-2008, 06:41 AM

Default RE: Bowtec limbs...

BowTech did indeed have a problem with some limbs back around 2004 and 2005. I believe the Liberty had the majority of the limb cracks. Since then, BowTech has corrected the problem and I havn't personally seen a single cracked BowTech limb since my 04 Liberty did. There isn't a bow company out there that won't have some problems like that from time to time, and I believe that BowTech is right with the rest of the pack now as far as how few limb failures they have! It definetly isn't something that I would worry about.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 04 Liberty and the limbs are perfect and always have been. As a matter of fact, it was the best bow I had ever purchased back in 2004!!!!1
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

As BuckMagnet said there were some issues a few years ago, but I haven't heard anything recently that would constitute a recurring issue. I know some guys have complained about cam lean as well, but even those issues seem to have been addressed.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot Bowtech since 03, and as a Corporate Staff member I havestayed in touch with several shops in my area in the last year or a little more. One thing is consistent when I talk to the dealers. They areseeing very few problems. What problems do arise are taken care of ASAP and that's why I am proud to be associated with Bowtech. Perfect?? No! but we never stop striving, and that's what is important to me

Dan
Old 02-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Bought a 05 Allegiance, and had my bottom limb crack after only one year. Took 5 weeks to get new limbs from Bowtech and had terrible service from the bowshop which was Bakers Archery, and from bowtech. Haven't had any problems since I did get my new limbs and I really do like the bow but after that experience I'm not quite sure I'll get another bowtech after this one.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tky1187

Bought a 05 Allegiance, and had my bottom limb crack after only one year. Took 5 weeks to get new limbs from Bowtech and had terrible service from the bowshop which was Bakers Archery, and from bowtech. Haven't had any problems since I did get my new limbs and I really do like the bow but after that experience I'm not quite sure I'll get another bowtech after this one.
I had the same problem with mine only ithappened 1 week before the season which is no biggie until it took bowtech 5 weeks to getmy shop the limbs and I know it was not my shop because they were on it ,luckily I had a backup!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Default RE: Bowtech limbs...

Had the top limb on my 05 Allegiance crack after about a year. I had new limbs from Bowtech in less than 2 weeks. An inconvienance yes, but they took care of it right away.