Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have any of you seen one of these? >

Have any of you seen one of these?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have any of you seen one of these?

Old 02-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Spike

Default Have any of you seen one of these?

This is a story I wasn't going to share but changed my mind just to see if anyone else has ever seen one in PA. I never believed in them until now. I've hunted for many years and I know what I saw.

It was a day inthe next to last week in archery season here in PA. I was hunting one of my mountain stands just north of Bellwood when I hearda large buck tearing up a tree. I tried calling him in but he justwouldn't come. He was about 50 yds. away. About an hour passed and if your anything like me you keep looking to that same spot. I guess your justhoping to make it happen all over again. Well while I was looking in that direction I seen what I thought was another deer. As it proceeded I realized that it was not a deer.Well, this is what changed me from an unbeliever to a believer. It was a cat. No, not a Bobcat a Mountain Lion. Our Game commission says that there are not any here and I truely believed that until now. I can still see them large shoulders muscles moving as he walked past. This is one video in my mind that I will never forget. Speaking of the mind, I guess it could have played tricks on me, but if it didn't I know what I saw. This is my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have any of you seen one of these?

Im not calling BS, anything is possible, there have been claims around here, who knows? until i have and experience like yours...
Old 02-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bet that made a few hairs stand up on the back of your neck eh!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That would have given me a good rush!!! That would be a sweet sighting!!

Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Id probably think twice about walking through those woods at night...never know what might be following you
Old 02-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

You know, I don't doubt the existance of Mt lions in PA but until I see one with my own two eyes, you know. Then everyone can doubt me too but if that happens, I'm always carrying a camera and most of the time a video camera. You never know. Of course the PAGC will dismiss it as a "pet" gone wild.[&:]
Old 02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

There is a show on the history channel called monster quest and they have a show about giant cats and how the lepord had started to move in to arizona. And they had one story about a giant black cat up in the PA area.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

scary......but theres LOTS here.....one moved into one of my hunting spots this year.....ran off the bucks and we found a couple dead does. My sister went outside and was face to face with one not 50 feet away.....ON OUR PROPERTY! im mid day!
if i wasnt at baseball practive that sucker would be on my wall! But theres lots of sightings of them here!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Typical Buck

I believe Mountain lions and Cougars are all over thestates.I believe they learned to adapt to the pressures and changes humans put on them so the way they hunt,the habitat they live in is not yet understood or believed by the so called experts.After all they areno differentthen any othercat very stealth and can find shelter and food anywhere.We have sightings all the time here in Illinois but no solid proof to back it up.
Abundant Food and Clean Environment=Wildlife Return
Old 02-02-2008, 10:47 PM

I've seen one inmy life...right off the front porch of my grandparents house in an alfalfa field...it was 300 yards away and i was right by the door, but it still scared me to death

There have been seldom sightings around here but i know they're out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.