Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm next to a high fence.. >

I'm next to a high fence..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm next to a high fence..

Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm next to a high fence..

An't nothing wrong with High Fence if the area is Big enough.Gives a place to have some fun durring the Off Season.

big rockpile
Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original: Rob/PA Bowyer
There is a 300 acre High Fence operation being built right now approx 1 mile from my home.[:'(]
That's unfortunate to hear buddy. (I don't live to far from you)
Old 02-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Raxxmaster

[:'(]not for me neither.
Don't get me wrong. It's not for me however, I have thought about paying for a hunt in other areas. When I compare them to what I hunt now it's about the same. I go to a hunting lodge, they assign me a stand/spot and I sit and wait for a deer to come by. Today, I have my spots but I also have my friends who love to deer hunt. They spend a ton of time scouting and getting permission to hunt awesome land. The difference is the quality of the deer in the area. Yes there are a lot of really nice 140's to 160's around. There are some bigger. However, mid-west you have much bigger deer. What's the difference should I hook up with someone out west who says hunt here in this area becauseI see great deer? I still must do everything except scout months before. I still must scout the same day, pick wind direction, call in deer, be still and shoot a nice buck who doesn't want to die with my bow.

Bottom line I bet it's not as easy as you think. Your just increasing your odds to shoot a nice deer. I would go as far as saying it might be tougher because those big bucks learn the game and know how to beat the system just like the ones you see.

I'm intested to hearing from someone who has experienced it. So Gmmatt, you have access, go and try it and then let us know.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Typical Buck

If you have no other choices to hunt like right outside a big city it may be worth it but still doesnt seem right to me.I like to hunt pressured public land to get my deer it makes me use my skills to harvest a deer not a guides instructions and the satisfaction is overwhelming.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I can see the high fence after leaf drop.
If able, hunt the outside corners, wild deer have no choice but to go around the damn thing and it acts as a funnel.
We have a penby somestate land where we hunt, It does work as a funnel, but any time were close to their fence you have some guy inside the fence patrol the area and if he sees you close he gives you a bunch of crap for being too close. Hunter harassment? Right try to get the DNR to back you on that one...LOL. If I want a fake rack I'll by a synthetic one..
Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

I have no problem with it. It's just business.
Thats correct because its not hunting. Neither is this about 2 hours away from me:

http://www.samsonswhitetailmountain.com/Pricing.html
I hunted not 10 minutes from here in 06. From his success photos, he could have done that without the pen,That area is absolutely loaded with big bucks.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse
Bottom line I bet it's not as easy as you think. Your just increasing your odds to shoot a nice deer. I would go as far as saying it might be tougher because those big bucks learn the game and know how to beat the system just like the ones you see.
MAYBE with archery. But shotguns are allowed too and a rifled barrel on a shotgun has no issue taking deer at 100 yards. These are only 100 acre pens with obvious limited food and water sources. Give me a few days in there and it shouldnt be a problem taking the score of my choice. Again, not against the idea, but I dont like being grouped with the guys that go to these places because what we do is completely different.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you are unsure what class of deer you want to take, place your deposit and decide when you are out hunting. If you decide not to take a deer you pay only the deposit for our services.
[/align]
Yea sounds real hard.[/align]
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

certianly, not hunting thats just like shooting a cow in a fenced pasture.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default huh?

I wanna know how in god's name, a few people think its not easy and it could be harder to hunt than free ranging deer, when he's got a deer in a 100 acre pen. 100 acres is not much land when your talking about a whitetail deer. Rifle, muzzeloader, bow, it doesn't matter, that should be a piece of cake. A deer in a 100 acre pen should give you a 100% guaranteed success rate on a hunt. I wonder how many times that deer walks by the same spot each day? 10, 15 times maybe?

What a joke

Quick Reply: I'm next to a high fence..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.