Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Archery work shop >

Archery work shop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Archery work shop

Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default Archery work shop

Ok, I got my drywall up and painted in my soon to be archery/hunting work shop in my basement. So now I’m looking for ideas on how to make it. I have some ideas on what I want, but I figure it never hurts to get some input. So fire away, Also if you have pictures please post them.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Archery work shop

Hummm?? 2 of theses threads goingMike, I have an 08 Easy Press ordered and I am curretly making things a bit more organized and effecient. Actually the shop is leaving the house and going into a new building I put up this year. The inside is still a work in progress, but I have putseveral shops together down through the years. Some things to remember are plenty of plugins (some switched are nice) Plenty of light so you do not have to deal with shadows. Here are most of the major things I have in my shop.
1. Easy Press
2. Draw/Tuning board
3.Bow vise and stand
4. Chronograph
5. Bow scales
6. Grain scales
7. Cut off saw
8. Bitz Fletching jig
9. String level
10. arrow level
11. Lazer alignment tool
and too many other hand tools to mention. It seems there is always something new I'd like to add. You can start off with the basics and add as you need it and can afford to. Spreading it out makes spending the $$ a little easy. Most of the things listed I have accumlated over my several years in archery. A lot of the tools have been replaced once or twice mostly due to just upgrading

Dan
Old 02-01-2008, 06:21 PM

One qeustion though. Why do you need and arrow level when your nocking point is supposed to be like an 1/8 to 1/4 in. high?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

One qeustion though. Why do you need and arrow level when your nocking point is supposed to be like an 1/8 to 1/4 in. high?
Doesn't always need to be.

Perfectly level is a great place to start though. If you move too much in one direction or another, you know where to move it back to to start over.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Hummm?? 2 of theses threads goingMike,
There are people that only stay on one or the other, so I figured I would try both. By the way I wanted to ask if your string suppressor for a Drenalin is the same as the one for the Drenalin LD?

Old 02-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's basically a 360-degree view of my home shop. I turned the big fluorescentwork lightsoff to minimize glare...

This is the other end of the work bench. There's another big worklight exactly like the other over this end of the bench too.Can you tell I'm running out of space for my tree stands? There's several more to the right of this pic, and I've still got a few out I need to go pull once all this snow melts...

The opposite wall from the work bench area... I had this in mind to stack all the tree stands and steps on, but quickly ran out of space... especially since I wanted to keep my brand new Outfitter XL cot combo and -120 degree sleeping bag up off the floor (think elk hunting in Colorado )...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Hummm?? 2 of theses threads goingMike,
There are people that only stay on one or the other, so I figured I would try both. By the way I wanted to ask if your string suppressor for a Drenalin is the same as the one for the Drenalin LD?
Mike, to answer your question yes it is the same

Dan
Old 02-02-2008, 01:44 PM

Greg, I still can't get over how sweet your "home" shop is.

I really need to just buy the lumber for my own room and begin. The basement is ready, I just need to get busy.

Mike, I would say, take a good strong look at Greg's room and see what you like and bring those ideas into your own room.

Post pictures once you are finished!

Good luck.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

These pics are from right after I bought this house and built the basement shop... Things have changed some but you get the idea of what I have going.

Not pictured is my apple arrow saw, paper tuner, hanging bow scale, tripod for the chrono, treestands, decoysetc....

Chrono and arrow building supplies....

My T handle allen wrenches.

Misc scent supplies

Hats etc...

Clothes

Old 02-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Scott.....That's a great setup (OK Greg...I've already told you I love your shop).

Inspirational......but that's a ton of $$ tied up in those places.

I recognize one of those stands, Greg!....lol

I'm ordering my own Bitz, this week.....and a press isn't far in my future. I'm also going to peruse the web for all the serving info I can find.

How much is an arrow saw? Also....when oredering arrows from say.....a shop owner form the forum, here....would it be prudent to just have them cut them and negate having to purchase the cutoff saw?

Great looking shops, guys. Kudos to you both.

Quick Reply: Archery work shop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.