Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes >

Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Old 01-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

I woke up today to go hunting. Last day of Archery season in my area. I knew the weather was supposed to be bad, so I waited to see what it would do. Sure enough, the radar said thunderstorms. At about 8:30AM they began to roll in. Oh well, I will do the next best thing and wait till right after the rain is gone. I do, and I pack up my stuff and head across the road from my house. Only a few hundred yards from my house. I get to my tree and just begin to take in all the beauty we so often take for granted on a day by day basis. I tie my bow to the pull up rope, get into my climber, tie in to my safety harness, and climb. I reach my perch and get settled in. I sit stone still, just soaking in the beauty of it all. Around 4:00PM I catch a flutter of movement from the corner of my eye. Very quickly I realize it is not a deer, but life no less. I watch the little bright green butterfly type insect as the sun reflects off of it's wings in front of me. Another very small but very significant creation of God's handiwork. I wonder where it came from and where it may be going. Ah, it is so peaceful here. About 30 minutes later, I hear breaking the silence of my last hunt, the unmistakable sound of my wife's voice. It is not a welcome sound at all, but instead, the sound of a hurting heart, breaking the deaf stillness of my hunt. I know, I have only heard this sound come from my wife once since we have been married. It is time for me to get down from the tree, and fast. I begin to lower my bow frantically. Not fast enough. I throw my excess belongings to the ground. I begin my climb down. Not fast enough. I get unhooked from the harness and turn to jump onto the ground. My wife has screamed twice more and I scream back, "I'm coming." I leave the stand, grab my bow and run down the trail to my ATV. I jump on and take off as fast as I can. I reach my house and the wife meets me in the front yard. Crying hysterically. I ask what's wrong. She says, your Dad called... It's Brooke. I knew at that moment she was gone. She had passed away. Early twenties. Beautiful. Whole life ahead of her. Her life had been so troubled even from a baby, with parents who were drug abusers. She became an abuser as well. Gone. So young. Died in her sleep. I can find no purpose in this. She was my niece. I helped practically raise her. She used to sleep with me and my wife. So young. I remembered the little green butterfly, and I wondered where was it coming from and where did it go?

Guys, your prayers are needed. Our family is a wreck right now. Please remember us. Sorry so long. I just am heartbroken right now. Oh, and one other thing... Guys, if you have children, hug them and tell them you love them. You never know when your last hunt may bring tears to your eyes.

Thanks for being here.

LT

Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 PM

Default RE: Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

LT.....

I am speechless...

Prayers are sent, I pray for peace atthis mostdifficult hour.

Old 02-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

man sorry to hear that, good luck with everything, im also speechless.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 AM

My condolences, sir.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Site Buck Guru

What a shame, sorry for your loss.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:47 AM

Seems like we have had our fair share of heartache hit the board this year. Brings everything else into perspective pretty quickly.

Hang in there man.

Prayers for your family.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Typical Buck

Wow, Im really sorry to hear that. Just hang in there. Prayers are with you and your family...
Old 02-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Been there done that with the family drug thing. Sorry to hear this. it's happening with every frightening frequency. My condolences.
After you added the pic I thought I would add mine to drive the point home a littler harder.
My son after we found him asleep and unresponsive. We got to him in time to save his life after 2 days on a respirator.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

LT,

I'm at a loss for words. I'm very sorry for your loss, prayers are SENT!

... Guys, if you have children, hug them and tell them you love them. You never know when your last hunt may bring tears to your eyes.
This quote hit home (little sisters (siblings) included)....

Take care....

Kyle
Old 02-01-2008, 04:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

LT ....I am so sorry for your loss.... May God bless you and your family and give you peace in this most difficult time...... PM me if you need anything

Quick Reply: Last Hunt Brings Tears to My Eyes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.