Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crash

Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Crash

Early this week, I saw a big bay truck down the road from where I live with an open grill and a mangled deer 20 yards behind it. Last night, I was just down the road from the same spot and a button buck was trying to get up in the middle of the road. I turned back to speak to the truck pulled over. I asked him if he needed any help and if he was planning on putting the deer out of its misery, and he replied. **** no, they can all die and that one can stay up there and suffer all night. I asked himwhat happened and he said that it ran into his door and really did some damage. It was dark and it was on the other side so I couldn't tell how much damage there was to his 4 door extra cab deisel 3/4 ton ford truck. He said that the police were on the way so I assumed that they would take care of the deer. I went home and headed back out in 15 minutes for some milk. I passed by the area and saw the officer there so I headed to the store. On the way back, I stopped and no one was there and the deer was still trying to get up. I lost all respect for law enforcement. They won't let you shoot them and they won't shoot them so it was ugly but it didn't suffer long after that. Only the legs were broke so I called someone who would put it to use. He was excited and picked it up.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crash

I know several State and County officers in this area and they will always finish a Deer if it's not dead.

They like shooting their guns anyway

Dan
Old 01-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd write a letter to the editor of your local paper, only make sure you put your wife's or mom's name on it. It'll make them look bad, and keep the "Cherries and Blueberries" off of you.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

man that sucks!!!
thats good that the deer went to a good cause though
Old 01-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had an officer TRY to put one down with 00 buck shot, he missed the lungs at 20 yards and let it lay there for 15 minutes before he shot it again [:@]...........well you tried at least.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

man that sucks!!!
thats good that the deer went to a good cause though
thats true
Old 02-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats kinda dumb. I don't understand why they just wouldn't put it down?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a joke......stupid police officer and stupid guy driving the truck....should of told him that if someone hit him and both of his legs were broken and you saw him there you would of drove right bye.

This really pisses me off when this happens...what a shame
Old 02-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Being in law enforcemnet we always put them down and then there is a list that our dispatch has if the deer is not mangled much they start at the top of it and call the people on it till one of them go out and pick up the deer. Before you blame the officer for not putting the deer down, With the attitude of the guy that hit it maybe he just told the cop that it ran off and the officer didn't see it?? Walt
Old 02-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

Being in law enforcemnet we always put them down and then there is a list that our dispatch has if the deer is not mangled much they start at the top of it and call the people on it till one of them go out and pick up the deer. Before you blame the officer for not putting the deer down, With the attitude of the guy that hit it maybe he just told the cop that it ran off and the officer didn't see it?? Walt
yeah sorry I just get really angry about these type of subjects and people not being responsible and doing the right things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.