Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gun Poll on USA Today >

Gun Poll on USA Today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gun Poll on USA Today

Old 02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Gun Poll on USA Today

Whooops, sorry, I posted the wrong article. Crap, now im going to have to go find it agian. But the second article was correct.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Great add Arthur P. If we give up our guns, we also give up our freedom. Isn't the good ole USA great!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I think in many ways banning something for a governement is far more easier than getting people a proper education about it.
Alcohol for instance, softdrugs, guns, knives etc....

I agree with Remington girl, a better controlled way in purchasing firearms would help America deal with their problem.
I don't think crime has anything to do with it, it is just a big excuse both parties use.
Less guns in the proximity of unqualified users will mean less deaths or injuries....
Correct me if I'm wrong but in our little monkey country it worked !

Frank
Belgium
You state above, that you think “a better controlled way in purchasing firearms would help America deal with their problem.” And went on to say “I don’t think crime has anything to do with it” (what is it? By the way…) And “less guns in the proximity of unqualified people would mean less deaths or injuries” and went on to conclude with “it worked for your country”

How are you not making assertions with those statements? How are they not generalized down to the simplest of levels possible? And how are you not comparing countries? Sounds to me like you believed what your government said…

First of all, you don’t live in a completely democratic society, but your butt was saved by one, in the 1940’s I might add… so I’m sure you can’t understand the freedoms that we have, how we got them or who we come from.

I won’t argue with your “googled facts” and I can’t think of a weaker way to gain information or statistics for the sake of an argument. One search on the net is really supposed to be taken seriously? Come on… and we’re not talking about crime. We’re talking about the second amendment, they really are two different subjects. The only similarity is that one contains guns and they other might.

I don’t see how you even have an opinion on this since you admit that you chose to forget American history. The history of a country that is the sole reason you don’t live in “the new and bigger Germany”…

You also admit that you bought a bow since you can’t get a gun, and then want to argue that people shouldn’t have guns…

Do you know why you can’t get a gun??? I’ll tell you if you really want to know… If you don’t please don’t read below this line…

Because your government controls you and your actions! They may ask what you have to say; and they may even listen… But what are you going to do if they don’t? Get out your bow? Yeah, that’ll work really well. Your best chance at getting what you want and deserve is hope; but hope isn’t a plan little buddy… Can you say oppressed?

Fail to plan/plan to fail!

I guess you didn’t get the message in the “history lesson.” I guess I’m not a creative enough writer (or cut and paster, since I’m not really the author)… But I can’t really think of a nice way to present the hidden message, so I’ll skip that part…

Respectfully,

“The Free KP”
Old 02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think everyone needs to calm down here and take a step back.

KP you make it sound like just because certain people in various countriescant own guns that they do not have freedom, well i can tell you from my years of travelling that there is way more to life than guns and I hunt, and the US isn't the bee all and end all, every country has its good and bad points, some are better than others i guess. Have you ever experianced the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?

Freedom comes in many forms than just being able to own a firearm. I live in Scotland and I for one minute do not fee oppressed at all or live in fear let alone feel the need to own a gun to protect my family waiting for my government to turn on us. uh no.

Kind regards
Old 02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

KP you make it sound like just because certain people in various countriescant own guns that they do not have freedom, well i can tell you from my years of travelling that there is way more to life than guns and I hunt, and the US isn't the bee all and end all, every country has its good and bad points, some are better than others i guess. Have you ever experianced the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?

Freedom comes in many forms than just being able to own a firearm. I live in Scotland and I for one minute do not fee oppressed at all or live in fear let alone feel the need to own a gun to protect my family waiting for my government to turn on us. uh no.

Kind regards
I'm sorry Remington Girl but your post clearly shows your ignorance in regards to our second amendment. The right to own and bear arms affords us the ability to remain free.

Our government can't turn on us because of this right and because of the Americans that are willing to FIGHT for Freedom.

Please don't dumb down our freedom. It's not that simple and shouldn't even be compared to "the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?" as you put it.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I could, and would like to go on and on here… and really I’m deciding not to post what I just typed, so I’m going to say this…

If a free society has no way of protecting its self from its own government; they’re only free because they are allowed to be. And that my friend isn’t my idea of freedom.
I hope you enjoy your weekend,
KP
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

ORIGINAL: remington_girl

Kind regards
I'm sorry Remington Girl but your post clearly shows your ignorance in regards to our second amendment. The right to own and bear arms affords us the ability to remain free.

Our government can't turn on us because of this right and because of the Americans that are willing to FIGHT for Freedom.

Please don't dumb down our freedom. It's not that simple and shouldn't even be compared to "the true beauty of Spain or Italy, the cuisine, the friendly people and the great freedom there?" as you put it.
So your saying that we didn't fight for freedom? I find your post ingorant because your basically saying America is the best and how you fought for true freedom - Braveheart comes to mind.

I DO understand the 2nd amendment, I studied American history at highschool plus my boyfriend talks about it like most other Americans i speak to.

And do not call me ignorant, I get highly offended when people say that when they do not know me.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I once lived in Spotsylavania County, VA for a decade---at one point it was the most heavily armed county in America! hahahahaha!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

So your saying that we didn't fight for freedom?
Never said anyhing about what you or your country did or did not fight for.

Braveheart comes to mind.
OK.........
I DO understand the 2nd ammendment, I studied American history at highschool plus my boyfriend talks about it.

And do not call me ignorant, I get highly offended when people say that when they do not know me.
I wasn't calling you ignorant. Do you need a definition of the term? It's really not an insult.

Quick Reply: Gun Poll on USA Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.