Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6) >

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Old 01-31-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid

What an idiot!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Looks like he'll be sitting in jail for a few days.
No if anything he'll get a suspended sentence.
Didn't the article say mandatory jail time?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The stupid part is hunters can't shut up. Have you ever heard of anyone getting in trouble over any old deer.

Bottom line this guy had what it takes to take a deer like this and there will always be someone, like the state, who will want to take it from him. If it wasn't a license it would have been something else. There was a guy on here in the past who also shot a big buck and it cost him. His mouth got him in trouble too.

He had to go around like he was somebody, well he is now.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nodog

The stupid part is hunters can't shut up. Have you ever heard of anyone getting in trouble over any old deer.

Bottom line this guy had what it takes to take a deer like this and there will always be someone, like the state, who will want to take it from him. If it wasn't a license it would have been something else. There was a guy on here in the past who also shot a big buck and it cost him. His mouth got him in trouble too.

He had to go around like he was somebody, well he is now.
I would like to state it was not me

This guy went on a Radio show and entered it in a big buck contest[&:] Notice the "clean tag", LOL

Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Looks like he'll be sitting in jail for a few days.
No if anything he'll get a suspended sentence.
Didn't the article say mandatory jail time?
You are correct, but judges can always suspend a sentence and go for probation. I will also go as far as predicting he gets to keep his deer and charges are dismissed should he be able to prove it was a simple oversight on his part. All he would need to prove is having a license year after year and show how he could have mistakenly forgot he hadn't bought one that year. It's not as if he was delibertly went out and spot lighted, treaspassed, or shot it out of season.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm.... That guy is an idiot.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

WOW,what a buck. no matter if he knew he did'nt have a license on him which is totaly wrong,or he did just plain forget to buy a license that is a buck of a lifetime I would sure hate to have something in that caliber of a deer ever took away from me,that would literally make me sick to my stomach if I ever had a deer like that took from me,your gonna reap what you sow, if it wasn't intentional I would sure like to see him get the horns back........Ted
Old 01-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I read, it seems that he would've gotten away with it had he not toldanybody that he shot it on the 24th at dusk. His license showed a purchase time stamp after that and it's what got him busted. If you're gonna be a crook, at least get your stuff straight.

"I turned myself in and told the truth on my own," James said. "Like I told the conservation officer, it was an honest mistake. I always bought my deer licenses, but this time I forgot."
How is it an honest mistake if you buy a license the morning after you shoot a deer? How does that work? Do you forget that you shot a deer, go buy a license the next day, then that jogs your memory so you go track and tag the deer you shot the night before?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

From what I read, it seems that he would've gotten away with it had he not toldanybody that he shot it on the 24th at dusk. His license showed a purchase time stamp after that and it's what got him busted. If you're gonna be a crook, at least get your stuff straight.

"I turned myself in and told the truth on my own," James said. "Like I told the conservation officer, it was an honest mistake. I always bought my deer licenses, but this time I forgot."
How is it an honest mistake if you buy a license the morning after you shoot a deer? How does that work? Do you forget that you shot a deer, go buy a license the next day, then that jogs your memory so you go track and tag the deer you shot the night before?
Easy, he shot it the night before, went to pullout his license to tag the deer and relized his mistake. Truely, he should have tagged him and claimed to have killed him the next day if he truely was trying to do something dishonest.

I hope you all keep up with the outcome. I still believe it's much to do about nothing.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Easy, he shot it the night before, went to pullout his license to tag the deer and relized his mistake.
Well, yeah that part is "easy" to figure out. The part that's hard is how buying a license the next day, still in his mind qualifies the situation to be "an honest mistake".

Truely, he should have tagged him and claimed to have killed him the next day if he truely was trying to do something dishonest.
Incorrect. If he was honest and realized his honest mistake, he wouldn't have bought a license the next day then tagged it as that day's kill. At 9:44a.m. when he bought the license (the morning after he shot the buck) was when it no longerremained an honest mistake. It was then that he'd decided he was going to follow through with breaking the very law that he may not have originally intended to break. When he tagged the deer, he followed through and sealed the deal. If you follow the sequence of events, this guy did NOT make an honest mistake.

Quick Reply: Stupid, Stupid, Stupid(update page 6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.