Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 **Updated** Some people got guts >

**Updated** Some people got guts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

**Updated** Some people got guts

Old 01-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default **Updated** Some people got guts

Update:
Found the guy that did it. My buddy who is the leader of our project went to the reserve's head person to notify them of what happened and he was like "are you sure you have your story right because the sharpshooter for the city and the golf course (on the other side of the road) shot one sunday morning on the course and said it ran into the reserve and diedthen notified us he was dragging it out." Well my buddy went on to tell them what we found and were the deer had been shot in the reserve and we called the warden and what not and he took pictures and did his investigation...... Well the head guy is contacting the warden to settle the whole ordeal and that sharp shooter is gonna be in some major trouble I think. Not only was the deer in the reserve when he shot it,the shooterwas in the reserve and not on the golf course either so he could get multiple charges I supose of poaching and having firearms in the reserve and such....

Origonal story:
So we were going to set up our drop net for our deer study project (population project)here at college in the school's nature preserve (Schmeekle Reserve) and checked and rebaited our sites sat afternoon. We go in yesterday to do the same thing and then topick which site we are gonna setup our drop net on. ((Keep in mind this is in town basically on a well traveled road.)) We get to the trail goin into the woods at the first of our 3 sites and find some blood in the snow and looks like a sled had been pulled down our walking trail. We investigate further finding consistant spots of blood and figure the worst either someone got hurt outthere or a deer was poached. We continue on to find wherea deer had been shot and ran about 40 yards and died. After further investigation it looked like the people had shot the deer from right next to the road (could see a tree and or a sign that they may have used as a rest to shoot or hide them while doing so(unless it was bow killed). It appeared there was 2-3 people that went after the deer and probably a driver too that picked them up. They drug it right to the road on the trail with the sled and loaded it leavin a bunch of blood all over the blacktop. We called the warden to notify him and report it so we didnt get introuble at a later date perhaps and compramise our project being allowed to continue. He came and we showed him around and went on to set our net up on another bait site.... To say the least the warden was dumbfounded that someone did this right in town as were we. How can people even think about tryin that in town? Boy people have guts/are not smart!!!! WCL
Old 01-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Some people got guts

Man I tell you what some people have to be the dumbest on the planet. All they would have to do is start asking around if somebody seen them dragging them out. Thats what I hate is they have no ethics and it ruins the hunting for everybody else. I hope they catch those guys.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:47 PM

People like that are worthless...they just ruin it for everyone else and give hunters a bad name
Old 01-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Found the guy that did it. My buddy who is the leader of our project went to the reserve's head person to notify them of what happened and he was like "are you sure you have your story right because the sharpshooter for the city and the golf course (on the other side of the road) shot one sunday morning and said it ran into the reserve and notified us he was dragging it out." Well my buddy went on to tell them what we found and were the deer had been shot in the reserve and we called the warden and what not and he took pictures and did his investigation...... Well the head guy is contacting the warden to settle the whole ordeal and that sharp shooter is gonna be in some major trouble I think. Not only was the deer in the reserve when he shot it,the shooterwas in the reserve and not on the golf course either so he could get multiple charges I supose of poaching and having firearms in the reserve and such. WCL
Old 01-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Thats what gives hunters a bad name! Who would honestly think of all the consequences and be like "yeah, its worth it" Morons...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

why would someone even wanna do that
Old 01-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

I go to UWSP too, and i've seen plenty of deer in Schmeekle, and it's never crossed my mind to go hunting in there. People like that give all sportsmen and women a bad name. I hope it was just a mixup with the "sharpshooter" and he is charged if found to be at fault. The golf course would probably geta heck of a response if it asked some college hunters to come in and take care of the deer problem, and I'm sure they'd find people that would gladly do it for free, me being one of them!!