HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/229559-shes-naked-update-pg4-shes-dressed.html)

txjourneyman 01-28-2008 04:09 PM

Shes Naked! (UPDATE pg4, shes dressed!)

My bow! Get your mind out of the gutter! Picked her up at lunch today. I wanted to dress her tonight but alas I have to put in some OT. Mind you, my OT consists of sitting at my desk waiting for the phone to ring with a percieved emergency so I spend a lot of time on line.
I'll dress her up soon.

MOmightymite 01-28-2008 04:12 PM

RE: Shes Naked!

Looks Sweet! Congrats! Make sure you report how she shoots.

Brett/IL 01-28-2008 04:20 PM

Congrats on the new bow! Let us know how it shoots and let's see some more pics when she is all dressed up.

Rob/PA Bowyer 01-28-2008 04:21 PM

She looks gorgeous! Congratulations Greg. I can't wait to see her all dressed up! Your going to love her, I love mine!;)

Greg / MO 01-28-2008 04:23 PM

Heh, I got a kick out of your photo... I was a Grainger account manager for five years before moving into medical sales. I think you summed up five years of my life in that one shot; Grainger by day, Bowtech by night. :)

Enjoy your new baby; she's a sweet shooter for sure!

BigJ71 01-28-2008 04:23 PM

Congrats on the new bow!!

Rhody Hunter 01-28-2008 04:28 PM

congrats now get her dressed for a day in woods

MN/Kyle 01-28-2008 04:30 PM

Congrats on the new bow.

hockeyhead 01-28-2008 04:36 PM

Sweet bow!! Lets see her all dolled up!!!!

wingchaser_labs 01-28-2008 05:00 PM

Thats one thing that doesn't look very good naked. Get er dressed and shootin. Good luck with the new bow. WCL

Oneshot7 01-28-2008 05:02 PM

OOOOOOOO......I see her styrofoam [8D]

She is beautiful Greg, You will put her to good use.

OKbowhunter20 01-28-2008 05:03 PM

Congrats! She looks nice

beprepn8 01-28-2008 06:42 PM

She's carries a big pair!

Why have cams gotten so big? Other than that it looks good.

twildasin 01-28-2008 06:45 PM

shes naked and beutiful but I bet she looks better with her clothes on! :DGet her dressed and lets us know how she shoots!

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 06:48 PM

What are you going to dress her up with?:)

I almost want one of these, I don't know why. I liked the Black Ice pretty well, and the Marquis is even better. I won't end up getting one, but I like them!

mobow 01-28-2008 06:51 PM

Man there's a LOT of riser above the grip....That baby a bit top heavy? Not that it's a bad thing, just curious.....Actually, that would make for a pretty stable follow through, I would think. Like Ross.

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Man there's a LOT of riser above the grip....That baby a bit top heavy? Not that it's a bad thing, just curious.....Actually, that would make for a pretty stable follow through, I would think. Like Ross.
My Cardiac is VERY top heavy. That's my only problem with the bow.

Nichunter 01-28-2008 07:55 PM

Congrats on the new bow.!!;)

buckmaster 01-28-2008 07:57 PM

Man, i shot the marquis and wow was it smooth from start to finish, and not slow either. Great Bow.

MN/Kyle 01-28-2008 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Really? I, and a few friends find the cardiac(all ross bows actually) to be some of the most well balanced bows on the market.

wingchaser_labs 01-28-2008 08:05 PM

ORIGINAL: beprepn8

She's carries a big pair!

Why have cams gotten so big? Other than that it looks good.
Speed, smooth draw, and parrallel limb systems= less movement of the limbs, shorter bows=more excess cable and string being needed to go somewhere,are forcing the big cams on bows I think. There is prolly more to it I'm sure. WCL

nick_bleuer76 01-28-2008 08:19 PM

Very Nice!!!:D

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Really? I, and a few friends find the cardiac(all ross bows actually) to be some of the most well balanced bows on the market.

You can't be serious? The Cardiac is the most top heavy bow I've ever held. As I said though, other than that it's a phenomenal bow. You're Trykon is better balanced than my Cardiac. My 337 Comp isn't AS bad, it still has a little top heaviness to it though.

jmbuckhunter 01-28-2008 08:22 PM

She's beautiful, but will look even better fully dressed.

Washington Hunter 01-28-2008 08:25 PM

I was talking with Kyle about it on MSN, Matt. I don't know what you've got on your Cardiac that makes it so top heavy, but that was one of the things I really liked about it -- how well balanced it was.

Who knows...

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I was talking with Kyle about it on MSN, Matt. I don't know what you've got on your Cardiac that makes it so top heavy, but that was one of the things I really liked about it -- how well balanced it was.

Who knows...
I noticed it out of the box. Without anything on it, but whatever you guys say....I know what my bow feels like ;)

Washington Hunter 01-28-2008 08:28 PM

Weird.

I've shot them since they came out and we received them. Never had that issue, myself.

MN/Kyle 01-28-2008 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

You can't be serious? The Cardiac is the most top heavy bow I've ever held. As I said though, other than that it's a phenomenal bow. You're Trykon is better balanced than my Cardiac. My 337 Comp isn't AS bad, it still has a little top heaviness to it though.
I'm not lying to you! I've shot about every bow on the market.Ross was top 3 in balance. Are we talking "naked" bow balance here?

edit: I just read your post.

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 08:30 PM

Weird.

I've shot them since they came out and we received them. Never had that issue, myself.
Well, it's clearly top heavy holding it for me. When I'm shooting it, I don't notice it at all. But everyone that's handled it, thought the same. Maybe you're just used to it ;)

MN/Kyle 01-28-2008 08:31 PM

Weird.

Well, it's clearly top heavy holding it for me. When I'm shooting it, I don't notice it at all. But everyone that's handled it, thought the same. Maybe you're just used to it ;)

I'm not used to it, you even said my trykon was better balanced. I shot all the bows blindfolded, at first. The ross was top 3.

end hijack.

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 08:36 PM

I just can't imagine where you guys are getting this [&:]. The first thing I did when I got it out of the box, I held it out in front of me and said to myself, "Good grief this thing is top heavy." As soon as I left go of the riser and held it as I was shooting it, it would about rotate down out of my hand. Once again, just my opinion, but I will say the Hoyt does balance better Kyle.

Washington Hunter 01-28-2008 08:39 PM

You just have weird hands then, Matt. :DYou hold the bow funny.

Matt/TN 01-28-2008 08:42 PM

You just have weird hands then, Matt. :DYou hold the bow funny.
Haha maybe that's it. I just don't like to grip one. I wont grip or grab when I shoot either.

Either way, end hijack. We're not convincing anyone :D

GMMAT 01-29-2008 04:32 AM

Congrats, Greg. I'm sure she;ll look great dressed up too.:)

wis_bow_huntr 01-29-2008 05:14 AM

OMG IM BLIND THATS SICK!!!! PUT SOME CLOSE ON THAT THING MY GOD ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE US ALL GO BLIND!!!! :D

PABuck_HNTR 01-29-2008 05:23 AM

She's definately a beauty!

Loadsmasher 01-29-2008 06:55 AM

Very Nice!:D

txjourneyman 01-30-2008 05:25 AM

Here she is dressed up, Spot-Hogg Hogg-It, Alpine Soft-Loc 3 arrow quiver, Vibra-Check gel stabilizer, Fletcher peep, and a temporary installation of a Trap door rest until I can figure out a permanent rest. I am pretty well pleased with how she looks. I'll shoot her tonight.

txjourneyman 01-30-2008 05:26 AM

Heres another

Brett/IL 01-30-2008 05:45 AM

Nice! I actaully shot the Trap Door on a bow for an entire season 3 yrs. ago. While some had had problems with it, I had zero issues and it worked great.