Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the best lighted nock? >

What is the best lighted nock?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the best lighted nock?

Old 01-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default What is the best lighted nock?

I shoot beman black max arrows (same diameter as a Easton axis), which lighted nock is the best in your opinion? I have been toying with the idea for sometime now.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What is the best lighted nock?

you can make them for about 5 bucks a piece. if you do a youtube serch for lighted nocks there is a vedio on how to do it.
Old 01-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't say Lumenok yet, but I would think they will be. It is also hard to make a kigted nock for those samll diameter arrows that use the X-Nock.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:05 PM

Here's the vid mac87toy was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk&feature=PlayList&p=0FF22E6AB72891B7& amp;index=3

Francis
Old 01-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

I tryed the x nocks by luminock and wasted about 40$ on them for the first few shots you can't hardly turn them off there so tight then when they loosen up there so loose they scare me.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

i used tracer nocks last year...the "smart tracer" to be exact.

liked them alot more than the homeade jobs and lumenoks. came on every time and did its job. magnet is easy to use and mounts easy...i superglued it to my moleskin and it worked great...and didnt leak through the moleskin so i dont have glue on my riser...i liked them...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:03 PM

That video is cool...i might try that
Old 01-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep the Smart Tracer nocks that Mauser mentioned are tops........I wouldn't honestly spend a nickle on Lumenoks after seeing how they perfromed for my buddy Frank. [:'(]

The Tracers were AWESOME. They work 100% won't get knocked off on impact and they blink every few seconds after the first 10. To shut em' off you simply pass them back over the magnet on your bow.
If I decide to use lighted nocks again this season I will look no further than these.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

second the tracer nocks. I have bought and built my own nocks. they are easy to build. Biggest negative about the homemade or luminock type locks are that the nock must contact the shaft to complete the circuit and thus the lighting of the nock occurs. the copper tails on these nocks can oxidize/tarnish and therefore not make good enough contact with the arrow to complete the circuit and light up. Second, if the arrow passes thru an animal, the nock can be pulled back slightly which will cause the nock to not stay on. the tracer nocks come on every time and are dependand upon the activation/deactivation of a magnet that can be attached to your bow. I have not had one fail yet. They are truly IMO the most reliable on the market as of now. Unfortunately most average guys like myself cannot duplicate the nock to make homebrews. The tracers also run about the same as the luminocks too. Hope this helps. This is just my .02cents.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tracer Nocks! No question about it!! Everything you need to know has already been explained by others, just try them out for yourself and you will be surely impressed!

Quick Reply: What is the best lighted nock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.