Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts >

Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

Old 01-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

My Grandfather is 79, he still bowhunts with me. He has a Xbow with Accudraw. I got him eletric screw driver to crank it back for him.
So Yes you can hunt until 75. Frank Scott an employee of Fred Bear hunted well into his 80'
Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

Two things......... ladder stands and ground blinds.
Greg, Exactly my thoughts!! I have hunted out of a ground blind more the last 2 years than ever before, but I still like my perchs. Actually in 06 I killed a nice Buck out of a Ladder stand. First deer I ever killed out of a ladder stand. In 07 I hunted strictly out of hang ons for Whitetails. How many more years will I be able to do that? Time will tellI know my Dad is 72 years old and helped me on a couple of roofs last year (he gets bored, he says) My Grand Dad is 90 but I don't see him up in a tree either, 10 years ago probably yes

Dan
Old 01-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll give it my best shot! The day I can't pull my bow back I'll go out and purchace a muzzleloader then.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

My Grandfather is 79, he still bowhunts with me. He has a Xbow with Accudraw. I got him eletric screw driver to crank it back for him.
So Yes you can hunt until 75. Frank Scott an employee of Fred Bear hunted well into his 80'
I miss Frank, He was one of the good guys.

My neighbor will be 73 this year and still shoots over a 60 pound compound, says he cant wait to getpulled for an Iowa tag again.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will and when I can't, I will take that really long walk in the woods and I will get lost in heaven.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

My neighbor will be 73 this year and still shoots over a 60 pound compound, says he cant wait to getpulled for an Iowa tag again.
Thats pretty cool stuff Sliver! Its probably what keeps him going!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will bowhunt as long as I can pull a reasonable weight, then switch to a crossbow as IA permits with Doctor's certification. Either way, I will be out there as long as physically possible. When I am not, then I will die shortly.

I have an uncle who roofed his own house last year, and he was 85 or 86 at the time....so I hope to take after him.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I can't bowhunt no more, just dig the hole and fill it up!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Spike

I will become 72 yrs. old this coming August and, like past seasons, plan on sitting in my BuckShot Big Shot tree stand 16" up a tree daily until "the shot" presents itself. This past Nov. 9th I shot my largest buck to date - a great 8pt. with a 21" outside spreadand fielddressed 192# so fellas holdfast to your plans for hunting inthe "older years".
Old 01-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Jim W

I will become 72 yrs. old this coming August and, like past seasons, plan on sitting in my BuckShot Big Shot tree stand 16" up a tree daily until "the shot" presents itself. This past Nov. 9th I shot my largest buck to date - a great 8pt. with a 21" outside spreadand fielddressed 192# so fellas holdfast to your plans for hunting inthe "older years".
Thats awesome! Congratulations Jim!!!!

Quick Reply: Bowhunting until you are 75...thoughts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.