Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Detox??

Old 01-26-2008, 05:56 PM

Default Detox??

How do you guys detox from hunting season?? Me, I have to slowly withdraw....first I start with videos, and then more videos...then, I start rummiging through my pics of deer this year that I killed, then I start looking at the deer on my wall, from the past, then I replay all the hunts of this season, then I start to day dream about next year, also, I have to talk about it at least everyday for 30 minutes with my hunting partner, and finally, I just pick up my rods and start up the Triton and go fishing....by then it's mid Apr and I have made the 12 step program and I can live on the wagon!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Detox??

Our deer season just ended today in Pa, it's a sad time.[&o]I had a good year though, and I'm already looking forwardto '08.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:08 PM

Our season ended Jan 5th!!!!!! you suck!!!! LOL!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

By planning out nxt year.......Detox is for quiters....
Old 01-26-2008, 06:10 PM

Im already anticipating '08

Planning new stand locations, trailcam set ups, and constantly daydreaming
Old 01-26-2008, 06:10 PM

Yeh ranger I know, but it ain't the same as actually being in the stand with bow in hand...
Old 01-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: early in

Our deer season just ended today in Pa, it's a sad time.[&o]I had a good year though, and I'm already looking forwardto '08.
Yup, just closed out the PA season with a bang, literally. Filled my last 5C antlerless tag with the shotgun tonight. I'll start my detox tomorrow by pulling my stand and my camera, then I'll wash all of my hunting clothes and get them ready for storage. I'll separate them into cold weather, warm weather, and archey gear. Then I'll get all of my gear together like game cams, treestands, and other gear and get that ready for storage keeping in mind that the game cams will be out sooner. Then I'll start asking around for permission to shed hunt on some properties and hopefully establish some relationships that will lead to permission to hunt on some new properties.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coyotes, squirrle, Sheds, ICE FISHING, Making up with the girl friend for all the time spent deer hunting.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

Our season ended Jan 5th!!!!!! you suck!!!! LOL!!!!
I haven't bow hunted since Oct. 24th! It was driving me nuts hearing my brother talk about bow hunting the last few weeks of December. The season closed Dec 31st. Only 1 tag allowed in my area this year.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Videos, magazines, HNI forums, albums, getting ready for turkey season, Im getting ready to redo some natural ground blinds for turkey hunting. just the foundation, ill rebrush them in a week before the season. LOTS of time in the woods shed hunting and scouting for next season. feeding the turkeys from the back yard

Quick Reply: Detox??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.