Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dream Setup

Old 01-22-2008, 01:19 PM

Default Dream Setup

I'm sure this one was probably started years ago, but if there were no negative factors, like money, what would be your ideal setup? Or Do you already have it?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Dream Setup

My ideal setup would be a new Hoyt Katera set up with Trophy Ridge sites, a ripcord dropaway rest, every limbsavers option out there, and goldtip arrows. Now that would be an awesome setup[8D]
Old 01-22-2008, 01:45 PM

I'm slowly getting there...

at the moment my "dream" hunting setup would be a 08 Cardiac using the G5 site and meta-peep from my 334, STS, drop away rest (still torn about which one but leaning toward a dropzone, i'll decide on this in about another week or so), posten stab and a few other little knick-knacks... and while a cardiac would be my dream setup at the moment for hunting, i'd be perfectly happy to hang onto my 334 and finish decking it out since I'm most of the way there already... I'm gonna get a custom string/cable set after spring indoor is done... by then I'll have the dropaway, STS, and etc. on it... I couldn't ask for more out of a hunting rig...
Old 01-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Very, nice hey SevenMag, your from Antioch IL? I grew up in that area, My parents live in Antioch now off of 173! Hows the weather?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Loadsmasher

Very, nice hey SevenMag, your from Antioch IL? I grew up in that area, My parents live in Antioch now off of 173! Hows the weather?
got a nice snow last night, about 3" +/- a few... been chilly but the lakes aren't real tight right now... keepin me off my sled...

I'm off of North Ave and Tiffany Rd. real close to the WI border... been livin here for about 6 yrs now but have lived in N Lake County most of my life (zion, winthrop harbor, gurnee, and waukegan)... where you at now??? ever make it back?? if you do look me up and we'll grab a beer!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 04:32 AM

RE: Dream Setup - 1/22/2008 3:24:29 PM
No New Messages
ORIGINAL: SevenMag

got a nice snow last night, about 3" +/- a few... been chilly but the lakes aren't real tight right now... keepin me off my sled...

I'm off of North Ave and Tiffany Rd. real close to the WI border... been livin here for about 6 yrs now but have lived in N Lake County most of my life (zion, winthrop harbor, gurnee, and waukegan)... where you at now??? ever make it back?? if you do look me up and we'll grab a beer!!!

Yeah, I went to ZBTHS, have a lot of friends still in that area, couple of them own some landscaping Co. and diesel repair shops, I joined the USAF after 911, moved out to Seattle WA, for about 4 Years, and this last July I got super lucky and got orders to Anchorage, Alaska, right now Im deployed for a bit, but yeah I go back as much as I can, was in Antioch last October come to think of it, I love it out there, nothing like the midwest, yeah definetly, always down for a beer, I was looking at trying to make it back by fall, cause I am still a IL resident, hoping to get some hunting in.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:49 AM

RE: Dream Setup - 1/22/2008 3:24:29 PM
No New Messages
ORIGINAL: SevenMag

Yeah, I went to ZBTHS, have a lot of friends still in that area, couple of them own some landscaping Co. and diesel repair shops, I joined the USAF after 911, moved out to Seattle WA, for about 4 Years, and this last July I got super lucky and got orders to Anchorage, Alaska, right now Im deployed for a bit, but yeah I go back as much as I can, was in Antioch last October come to think of it, I love it out there, nothing like the midwest, yeah definetly, always down for a beer, I was looking at trying to make it back by fall, cause I am still a IL resident, hoping to get some hunting in.
no chit!!! i graduated from ZBTHS as well... but way back in 86...
Old 01-23-2008, 07:07 AM

The one that I have planned up, I just have to drop the ball and get everything.

2008 BowTech 82nd Airborne (70# @ 29.5")
Spott Hogg Hogg-It sight
LimbDriver arrow rest
G5 Meta Peep
Scott Sabertooth release
6" Stealth Hunter Stabilizer
Fuse Satori Quiver
Paradox Wrist Sling
Simms Ultra Quad Limbsavers
Simms Insulator Strip

Should be pretty much a dream when I get it all purchased and set-up!
Carbon Express Maxima 3-D Select 350's
Rocket Stricknine broadheads
Old 01-23-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, my bowrack is still missing a Morrison, Dale Dye, Shafer, Blacktail, Assenheimer, and Border Douglas. - To name a few.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Since money IS an issue, I don't usually even look at the high end stuff, but reading what you guys post has helped me start to mentally build a list. Someday!

Quick Reply: Dream Setup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.