Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ***Money Saving Tip*** >

***Money Saving Tip***

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

***Money Saving Tip***

Old 01-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default ***Money Saving Tip***

I don't know is this has ever been discussed but when I tried to do a searchI came up empty.

Since it's colder than heck outside, I figured this was just as good a time to discuss this as any...

I believe most of us are familair with the disposableair-activated hand/foot warmersthat you can buy just about anywhere. (most of the ones I've seen are branded HotHands)

Even though the package says to dispose of themaway after use, years agoI discovered that they are reusable and I've gotten as many as four uses out of them. The ones I get are usually good for about 10 hours of straight use however, if I only use them for 2-3 hours I canput them in a resealable bag (ziploc) and squeeze all the air out of it before I zip it shut. This allows the warmers to cool off and they're ready to use again when you're ready for them. Just open the ziplock and shake them as you normally would to activate them.

Please send 50% of your savings to me care of Pat Dinan...
Old 01-22-2008, 08:07 AM

Default RE: ***Money Saving Tip***

Or you could just put them in your wifes back pocket and warm her buns up before you go to bed
Old 01-22-2008, 08:22 AM

Both of those are excellent ideas!!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

for idea #2 I would need the XL.......Oh crap I hope she doesn't read this!
Old 01-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

for idea #2 I would need the XL.......Oh crap I hope she doesn't read this!
LOL!! I hope she isn't either

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

I don't know is this has ever been discussed but when I tried to do a searchI came up empty.

Since it's colder than heck outside, I figured this was just as good a time to discuss this as any...

I believe most of us are familair with the disposableair-activated hand/foot warmersthat you can buy just about anywhere. (most of the ones I've seen are branded HotHands)

Even though the package says to dispose of themaway after use, years agoI discovered that they are reusable and I've gotten as many as four uses out of them. The ones I get are usually good for about 10 hours of straight use however, if I only use them for 2-3 hours I canput them in a resealable bag (ziploc) and squeeze all the air out of it before I zip it shut. This allows the warmers to cool off and they're ready to use again when you're ready for them. Just open the ziplock and shake them as you normally would to activate them.

Please send 50% of your savings to me care of Pat Dinan...
I thought you were gonna say put them in your shoes and pockets and turn the Thermostat down

Now there's some Real savings![8D]

Dan
Old 01-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

All the ones I've ever bought had the same instructions you just gave for partial uses, but they didn't perform as well on subsequent uses. Most of the chem heaters are rated for up to 24 hours, but if you're getting 10 in continuous use that's about average from my experience. As cheap as they are I just pitch 'em when I'm done.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

Might explain why some work better than others.

I don't think the search here could find itself.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think the search here could find itself.
[/quote]

I totaly agree you can type in stuff that you know it should find and it comes up empty [:-] its not much help
Old 01-22-2008, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Searching duringoff peak hours will sometimes produce better results. I think the search engine works better when there's less traffic.

Quick Reply: ***Money Saving Tip***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.