Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone use Equalizer Tree stands >

Does anyone use Equalizer Tree stands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone use Equalizer Tree stands

Old 01-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does anyone use Equalizer Tree stands

A friend of mine has one and he won't hunt out of anything else. He lost one of his cranks and had to buy another one. Make sure and locktite those on good.

I used it once and liked the leveling idea, but I like my sling type seat on my API better. I also don't like a bar in front of me. I could see a bottom limb or cam hitting that bar on a close in shot. And it is a good bit heavier than my API too, and pricier$$$.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

There are several members here who use one. I bought one used(like new) and thought it was great. Ended up selling it before I even hunted with it. No reason except I wanted to use specifically a hangon. If your boots are squeaking on the stand its because your stand don't have the traction strips.

IMO, the Lone Wolf and Equalizer climbing stands are the best climbers out there.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I bought one this year. I really like it. One word of caution. The little screws that hold the cranks on come loose. Just put a screw driver to them once in a while. They now ship with little knobs that you can attach and snug up in the stand. It's quiet, comfortable and ROCK SOLID when you pull the straps between the two sections. My only problem now is what do I do with the other two climbers hanging in my garage. LOL I really like it a lot. Rickmur bought one too. I added the foot rest which was a bit of a pain. I added a platform carpet.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

I also had a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb and I ordered a Equalizer that will be here tomorrow. My reasons were the leveling feature. I really liked the LW, and the reason I got it was I think I have a little arthur in my right hip and I could not climb with my old Summit. I can climb with no pain in the LW, it's comfort is OK for sitting but I stand about 50% of the time. The Equalizer and LW put your feet closer to the tree for climbing and that made a big difference in my hip pain. But there were a couple of times on new trees that my platform was not level and that is why I am making the switch. Not knocking the LW, it is a top qualilty stand.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Got my Equalizer today and put it together. Very high quality, will try to get out this weekend and try it out. Mine also does not have the traction strips on the platform. It shows it to have them on the dvd. I emailed the company to find out if it was suppose to come with them, if not I will be adding them myself.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

One thing I do is remove the cranks and carry them in for 2 reasons, not to loose them and to put them on on the outside of the stand when I have the stand on the treeand not the inside that is neccessary for backpacking. Here's a link to a review and discussion:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1525964&mpage=4&key=&#219816 4
Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks RickMur for the link to the other discussions about this stand it was real informative.It sounds to me like your the authority on this stand.Does anyone know whomakes the best traction strips to put on stand platform to stop squeaks and other noises?,and do they need to be replaced every season.I have had problems in the past with the edges curling up with certain brands.I even cleaned surface with alcohol first.Also has anyone put silencing tape or other silencing material on crossbar of stand.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Get the strips at Home Depot in the paint section. Never had a problem with them
Old 01-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

I am into my second year. It is a very safe stand to hunt from, no risk of the bottom falling away when climbing with the connecting straps they have. I did replace their platform seat with a sling seat from the Summit website - super comfortable. I also added the saddle bags Summit sells -very handy for holdingthe binos, extra clothing,and calls when you get to altitude.

My ONLY problem with the Equalizer is that I cannot go up some of the larger diameter trees I could climb with my Summit climber.I wishthey would market a standthat could handle larger diameter trees(Ihavesuggested that to them)!

-fsh
Old 01-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Typical Buck

I got a reply from Equalizer about the traction strips. They said the dvd was made in 2005 and at that time they had them on there. They said they quit putting them on because they would peel off, and molded ridges into the platform. Just a FYI. I will probably put something on mine, not sure what just yet. Hey Rickmur, is the foot rest worth the time and effort?They don't show it on their website, how did it attatch? Thanks

Quick Reply: Does anyone use Equalizer Tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.