Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For the guys that pack in all day >

For the guys that pack in all day

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For the guys that pack in all day

Old 01-20-2008, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default For the guys that pack in all day

I like to get way back in, at least a mile if not 2 or 3. Well up her in the cold you have to pack a pile of stuff with you. Stand, climbing sticks, cloths for sub-zero weather...etc.... Well I just havnt found the right pack yet. I bought a el-cheapo from walmart last year was about the right size (could have been a touch bigger) but it worked. Untill all the zippers broke and stitching separated. I am going to buy a good one but dont want to make another mistake any ideas?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For the guys that pack in all day

I have a "Crooked Horn" pack that is American made and very comfortable. I bought it for elk hunting but now I use it here.I love it.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 AM

If you're willing to spend the money, Badlands or Ebelerstock. Quality contruction with an excellent warranty. You really can't ask for a whole lot more than that, in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Black Canyon back pack called the Fieldline. This sucker is nice. Lots of different storage departments, 7 of them to be exact. Big enough to get the stuff you want in it and at the same time its not to big and bulky! Its also got a Lifetime guarantee on it.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

as long as you are not trying to put a tree stand in the pack...a little cheaper but just as good in quality...IMO...is the camelbak backpacks..i use the commander and it has worked very well for me.......i did try the badlands first but the hard back lining just didn't sit well with my figure...so before you decide on a bag do try them out first to make sure it feels good on you..
Old 01-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

So how do you put a treestandand a back pack on your back?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

My summit viper has its own back pack straps on it. Then I strap my pack on my tree stand put them both on and I'm off. When I want to rest I just put my back to a tree and lean back.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim this is the way I have done it also. By the time you put a couple layers of coat, bibs,safety harness, all the hunting gadgets, a thermos, a lunch, etc, etc... You need a pretty hefty size pack. The last few I have had just gave way with the abuse.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

These guys make some tough stuff.

http://www.crookedhorn.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3&zenid=54 2d9ea8f2f430a46a5851e6bb5ff981
Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought several from a company no longer around. They still show no wear. The last one was 3000 cu.in. for 12 bucks. Methods USA was the company.

Quick Reply: For the guys that pack in all day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.