Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think I'm in love! (Or, the 82nd Airborne has landed!) >

I think I'm in love! (Or, the 82nd Airborne has landed!)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think I'm in love! (Or, the 82nd Airborne has landed!)

Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I think I'm in love! (Or, the 82nd Airborne has landed!)

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Might want to think about Carbon Express X-Jammers or Gold Tip 30X shafts.
If you can come up with a recipe....for the 82nd at 62#'s......285fps (arrow)....without too much trouble....I'd like to have it. I might have to go this route. I "think" some of these shoots I'm entering are gonna enforce this.

Iprobably should have bought 50-60 lb. limbs[&:]
Just curious... Why didn't you go with the 101st since you are setting it up for a speed restricted venue?

With that said I ordered the 82nd as well
Old 01-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you shoot 61-64lbs you will reap more benefits of the #50-60's. I picked up as much as 6-8fps on a 50-60 maxed at 63 compared to a 60-70 at 63. exact same DL, and setup.
Unlike some other company's bow that you may be thinking of now, Bowtechs won't max out four pounds over their stated poundage.

We've been singing the praises of Bowtech Guardians and the like for over a year.
And David... I think you may be getting me confused with someone else; as Matt alluded to, I was shooting Bowtechs back when you were still with your trusty Dartons. The first Bowtech I shot was a Tech 29, followed by a single-cam Patriot, and I've sinceowned two Allegiances, a Tribute, a Constitution, three Guardians, a Diamond Black Ice, and a Diamond Marquis before this 82nd Airborne landed at my house. I think I should be welcoming you to the club. We do appreciate the factyou've become such a loyal userin the yearor so you've had one.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye
Just curious... Why didn't you go with the 101st since you are setting it up for a speed restricted venue?

With that said I ordered the 82nd as well
I ordered the 101 and the 82How's Mossy Oak Brush and the new APG-HD sound? Decked out with some Octane accessories!! I've been shooting Bowtechs since 03 and I am really excited about the new Airbornes as well as the new Super accessories Bowtech is bringing out.

Am I excited about this year?

Just a little bit

Dan
Old 01-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shot all the new BT's at ATA, and the 82nd is the one I am getting as well. I would never have said that based on the specs, but it just felt the best...so bring it on. Hoping to have it in time for a pig hunt in FL next month.
Robin,

It was good seeing you at a show again; I keep forgetting how close you live to me until I see you in person. One of these days we'll have to hook up and do a little hunting together.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Good question, Scott.

Well.....honestly....I ordered it before I knew it was gonna be such a big deal (the speed factor v. a lot of 3D shoots). If I had it to do over again.....I might get 50-60 # limbs. I just got caught up in the speed and didn't think about it. THAT'S the truth.

And Atlas.....I'm not defending Greg or anything like that. AND....I may be all wrong (Greg can answer for himself). BUT.....Isense a little bit of "spoof" when I read the review.

I look at this bow.....just like I did when I was shooting a Mathews SB and I shot the Bowtech Allegiance. I give up nothing.....and pick up speed. I like that. That's why I ordered one.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I believe I had you confused with someone else. My bad.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

No problem, David... That's what I thought may have been going on.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Im green with envy!!! sweet
Old 01-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

New bow setup looks sweet Greg! If you ever feel the want or need to let go of any of your older bows.... let me know.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

How many arrows you put through that beauty yet?

Quick Reply: I think I'm in love! (Or, the 82nd Airborne has landed!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.