Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown. >

Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Place your bets....Mount Airy showdown.

Jeff, did it take him 2 hours to watch 60 minutes?...

Im putting it like this, GMMAT and MATT will run pretty close together the whole match, buckmaster will be far behind until they get to the Velociraptor, then Aaron will pull his X out..., but still isnt enough with the results as follows:

1.GMMAT
2.MATT
.Buckmaster

Im serious i suck i cant judge yardage for crap, but i have fun at it so maybe one day ill get better...[&:]
Old 01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Where are these shoots at I am looking to go. Is there a website listing the local events? I have been checking a few but it is hard to tell where they are at.
Shoot me a PM. I'll give you my number. It would be great if you could come and shoot with us!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Where are these shoots at I am looking to go. Is there a website listing the local events? I have been checking a few but it is hard to tell where they are at.
Shoot me a PM. I'll give you my number. It would be great if you could come and shoot with us!
Heres the website to the particular one we are hitting:

http://www.freewebs.com/sagecreekarchery/index.htm

Old 01-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

check out www.shootarchery.com
Old 01-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Huh, I think I like this. The two young guns being the underdogs. Aaron, we can take him. I'll take out his knees, and then you go high. Oh, nevermind, we're talking about archery.[8D]. In that case, lets just try to rattle him...We can bottom his limbs out and move his peep when he's not looking .
Old 01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING ABOUT?

It takes me "MAYBE" 10 seconds to get my yardage. After that....if I think about it....I'm screwing up. I pick one and commit.

The thing that takes the most time with me.....is glassing the target to try to find something to aim at. I admit it takes me a few seconds on this, sometimes. But I do all of this with my bow in my hand.

Guy today.....EVERY SINGLE TARGET......whether he shot first or last.....he'd set his bow down in fornt of him and lean it agains him. I swear he had time to incorporate the Lord's Prayer into his pre-shot routine. I almost caught myself saying "Forever and Ever, Amen", once.[&:]
The biggest reason is because you are GUESSING yardage and they are JUDGING yardage.When most judge,they have 3 methods of doing it so it takes a little bit of time.When shooting a slide bar that has to be adjusted,there is no pulling up,gapping the shot and letting it fly.

The binos are to find a reference point on the target to aim for or off of.

I agree that some take entirely too long and when I see a guy glassing a target after the shot from the stake,it pisses me off,especially when they are in front of me,get the hell out of the way,you can't bring the arrow back now.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Dominant Buck

The biggest reason is because you are GUESSING yardage and they are JUDGING yardage.When most judge,they have 3 methods of doing it so it takes a little bit of time.When shooting a slide bar that has to be adjusted,there is no pulling up,gapping the shot and letting it fly.
TFOX... I respect your opinion....but there's an AWFUL lot of assumptions in that paragraph. No. 1....we ARE BOTH "guessing" yardage. Only way to "know" is to step it off or use a rangefinder. I'm just guessing, faster. He was guessing from a longer distance......but come on. What's he doing while I'm shooting? While the other guy's shooting? I pick a yardage and shoot....whic is far from "letting it fly".

The binos are to find a reference point on the target to aim for or off of.
Agree with you here. The only person I'd think was crazy, here....is the guy who didn't glass the target. This takes me a little time. I'll admit that. My eyes aren't what they used to be, either.....but good glass is a must in 3D.

I agree that some take entirely too long and when I see a guy glassing a target after the shot from the stake,it pisses me off,especially when they are in front of me,get the hell out of the way,you can't bring the arrow back now.
That's basicaly all I'm saying. We're doing the same thing. WHY does it take these guys so long to do it?

SLOWER does NOT always = better.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just mapquested the directions, and it allows, 2hrs 18mins. I'll time it.