Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ground Blind,.....Double Bull >

Ground Blind,.....Double Bull

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ground Blind,.....Double Bull

Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 PM

Default Ground Blind,.....Double Bull

OK guy's. What makes the Double Bull ground blinds better then other blinds? I am VERY interested in a ground blind for several different types of hunting. Money really dosent come into factor with buying a ground blind beings you get what you pay for these days. I just want the best bang for the buck, and dont really know what to look for when buying a ground blind. If you guys could help me out onthis I would appreciate it...Thanks
Old 01-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ground Blind,.....Double Bull

i don't own a double bull..but the main thing about them i personally liked was the "hub" .... fast set up and take down.....i saved a lot by buying a Venom blind...camo is ok, hub style..sets up just like a double bull...not as nice as far as the complete 360 viewing as the venom only has windows all around...but will serve its purose just the same..
Old 01-18-2008, 08:48 PM

The hub style setup is definitely a nice feature, but not something that seperates the Double Bulls from their competition. What sets them apart, in my opinion, is the material the blinds are made of. Double Bull uses canvas rather than the cheaper polyplasticcrap that the other manufacturers are clinging to. Its more durable, quieter, and moves less in the wind than the competition's material. Granted it makes the blind heavier and you are paying more, but if money isn't a factor, I wouldn't hunt out of anything else.

I own two.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had my Double Bull T5 for seven years now and it has held up very well not to mention that the Double Bull is simply the best blind on the market.
The thick canvas material helps block the wind and cold air without the wind flap noise and it is built to last a life time of use.
I use mine for turkey and deer hunting , the predator decheaption camo pattren blends in to just about every terrain
Theres enough room inside to sit two hunters in and still have the space to draw back your bow.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:07 AM

There are alot of things that make them better than alot of the other blinds on the market. Like someone else said the fabric is the biggest difference. It is a cotton/poly blend and it is quiet and doesnt shine in the sun like alot of the others. They also have better framework than the other brands that I have seen.

Then if you take into consideration that double bull also has the best features of any blind on the market and the lifetime warranty on parts it is a no brainer.

rick
Old 01-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I own a DB. I bought a Matrix in '05.....and it's performed flawlessly.

BUT.....given the change sin the co. in recent months.....I'll tell ya exactly what I'd do if I were going to buy another blind.

I'd PM Buckeye on this site (Scott) and order the ASAT blind from Eastman (or is it Easton)? I know Germ has one......HCH has one.....and both of these guys love 'em.

Top selling points:

$150 cheaper than the DB
Has a camo pattern that doesn't SUCK ASS (like the new DB's do.....IMO)

Old 01-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

What, is Buckeye an authorized agent?
Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Yes he is. He is an ASAT dealer....and can get you the ASAT blind.

Only way I'd buy another DB....is if I could get one of the old ones in Predator. If I had to buy the new one.....well....I wouldn't.

Contact Buckeye.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Ummm.......I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, but I THINK that buckeye is no longer dealing them......Forgive me if I'm wrong buddy....

I had an ASAT blind as well, and yes Greg, it's an EASTMAN......I'll also say this.....for the money difference, it IS a no brainer. ASAT blind all the way. No, it doesn't have the curtain window that the Matrix has (I've owned one of those as well), but the fabric is just as good, the camo is BETTER, IMO, and considering it's HALF as expensive.....Yeah, ASAT blind all the way and twice on Sunday.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:20 PM

Just goes to show everyone has their own tastes. I like the looks of the new camo and I am looking forward to getting a dark horse for turkey hunting. The ASAT blind does look nice too though.

rick

Quick Reply: Ground Blind,.....Double Bull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.