Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you're bored...Update.  SHOT a 3D, today >

If you're bored...Update. SHOT a 3D, today

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you're bored...Update. SHOT a 3D, today

Old 01-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Heck I'm shooting a 3D tourney tomorrow.

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

I think I'm set for the 27th. i just need to know about what time we are meeting. Then I need to get my setup together.

I do have somewhat of a problem. I'm hoping they don't pay attention to glue in points vs. screw in for hunter class.
I don't know how it is there but here they arent strict at all. Mo-Bowhnter used them all last year. I dont get that rule.[&:]

Our season starts next weekend in good ole Perryville,MO.
I'm playing with my Cardiac right now and if it doesn't blow up between now and then that's the bow I'll be bringing. Straight hunter class. I'll have to shoot glue in points though.

In a way though, I just want to bring my open rig, and shoot young adult. >35yds. I'm honestly not too sure of my yardage judging skills. This will be my first outdoor 3d tourny. I'm chalking it up as a learning experience.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey come join us tomorrow here in WI, jk. Supose to be 5 degrees for a high with wind well below zero, o yeah we are shootin a 3d shoot too, haha, 28 targets and will be shootin by 9am. Gonna be a brutal one but what the heck nothin better to do. Haha are we nutz or what? WCL
Old 01-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Dominant Buck

It's gonna sound like a myriad of excuses at first....but that's NOT my intention. I am really proud of how things ended up, today. 20 Target course.....no known yardages.

First of all....this was my 2nd ever 3D shoot (outdoors). It was snowing it's butt off....and cold! On top of that.....the first ten targets were ALL uphill shots....and the largest animal was a FOX!...lol

My first 6 targets resulted in the following scores: 8, 8, 8, 8, 10, 8. OK....I'm bummed...but I make a peep adjustment (twisted) and I continued. I ended up only dropping m=one more 8 for the rest of the course. I had a few 12's mixed in, also.

What made me proud of myself.....is I never got upset.

I ended up with 198....and left in 3rd place (dont know how I finished). I was pleased I didn't give up after a horrible start. THAT was a good lesson....and great experience.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
What made me proud of myself.....is I never got upset.
This is one of my biggest problems, I'm very competitive, and feel like I need to do well. The thing is ifI do as quoted, I'd prob shoot better.

Glad you had a good time, the snow and cold must have made it difficult!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you're bored...Update. SHOT a 3D, today

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Anyone around the triad of NC or south/central VA wanna join me?

Eden, NC.....20 targets....hunter class to 30 yds.

Supposed to snow, here. Tournament director told me they held one in the snow a few years ago....and it was a blast.
Dang Jeff thats where my Dad lives and where I will stay when I come down for you party! How far is it from your residence?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess it's around 1hr or maybe a little less. I went one way and came back another....and didn't time either.

Oh....it's less than 50 miles (from my office to the course).
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great! That will work out good for me I can kill 2 birds with one stone we can visit family and meet alot of new freinds!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good shootin', Jeff. Animals smaller than a fox, in snow? I mighta been happy with a bunch of 8's!

Hey, Momighty... what time you getting there? I'm thinking of going to that shoot.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Couple of Strutting turkeys (while the target is bigger than a fox....the scoring rings aren't)
couple of standing jakes (HATE these)
javelina
beaver
fox

You get the picture.

Ya know...there was a bear in the first ten....but it was some tough little targets.

All the animals on the "back 10" were full size critters. LOTS of fun.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wait till you get to the velociraptor(i think he's my personal fave I choked the only time ive ever shot at one...)

($521)

Quick Reply: If you're bored...Update. SHOT a 3D, today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.