Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 book recommendation-Public land scouting >

book recommendation-Public land scouting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

book recommendation-Public land scouting

Old 01-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default book recommendation-Public land scouting

I am looking for book recommendations for a how-to for public landscouting. I foundone called
'Whitetail Wisdom: A Proven 12-Step Guide To Scouting Less And Hunting More' by Daniel E. Schmidt, was wondering ifanyone has read this and would recommend it.

Thanks,
Rick C.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: book recommendation-Public land scouting

'Whitetail Wisdom: A Proven 12-Step Guide To Scouting Less And Hunting More' by Daniel E. Schmidt
I'd stay away from this one.. it's really not all that good or informative.

Try these titles.. they're easy to find and dabble with scouting and high pressured lands. Plus.. they are written by guys who hunt them.

Precision Bowhunting.. John and Chris Eberhart

Rub-Line Secrets.. Greg Miller

Hunting Big Woods (something like that).. Greg Miller

and you could try Herndon's.. "Mapping Trophy Bucks"

all these books just kinda dabble with scouting and public land except the B. Herndon book.. but none the less it's a good read and you can probably get something from it. I really don't know of any book that just strictly talks scouting.. but these books should point you in the right direction.. and I highly reccomend the Eberhart book first.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Another forum that I visit is called bloodbro.com. These guys are from WI and have shot monsters off of the heavily hunted public grounds in WI. They just put out a video on how to hunt public land marsh bucks. It is hands down the best informational hunting video I have ever seen. The $20 price may seem a little steep but once you finish watching you will think you got a deal. Here's a link to the site.
http://www.bloodbro.com/store/details.php?prodId=25&category=2

Old 01-19-2008, 11:51 AM

I really liked the Whitetail Wisdom book. In fact i think the author (schmidt) is probably the most knowledgable deer hunting writer that i've read in a long time. You can tell this guy is a regular guy who unlike Miller and the rest of those guys actually has to hunt land like we do. I bought the Whitetail Wisdom book when it first came out and have since bought copies for my brothers and a good hunting buddy of mine as Christmas presents. I also did like the book by John Eberhart; I actually found that one at my village library.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails" by John Eberhart----I have read alot of hunting books, but this one stands out as the best I have ever read...I am also reading "Precision Bowhunting" by John Eberhart right now. I really like the book.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting Marsh Bucks from www.bloodbro.com is really informative. They show stratagies for DIY huntson public land. I bought the DVD for myself, it was a good one.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: LKNCHOPPERS

Hunting Marsh Bucks from www.bloodbro.com is really informative. They show stratagies for DIY hunts on public land. I bought the DVD for myself, it was a good one.

DITTO, Great DVD!
Old 01-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anything by Cameron Haynes!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

this guy is a regular guy who unlike Miller
Ya.. that's true. Greg Miller never ever hunted high pressure public land in Wisconsin.[8D]
Old 01-21-2008, 07:01 AM

like duke said, Bowhunting Deep forests and woods by greg miller. its a good book, but a quick read

Quick Reply: book recommendation-Public land scouting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.