Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked... >

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Old 01-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

ORIGINAL: TFOX

I have to ask,what components are better than Hoyt's.Hoyts limbs are the best in the industry.I love the barnsdale limbs and they MIGHT be as good but certanly not better.
Well... Considering that Hoyt's factory strings are beyond worthless... I'd say "Strings" first and foremost. Fuse might want to start building tampon strings, b/c they sure as heck can't make a bow string.

Secondly, I'd have to disagree on the Barnsdale limbs. Everything I've read... Everyone I've talked to... They all seem to unanimously agree that Barnsdale sets the gold standard in limb construction.

I'll concede that Hoyt has done its best to mimic the barnsdale method - both using a similar lamination procedure and components- and I think Hoyt is lightyears ahead of Bowtech, PSE and Mathews in this regard... But you'll have an awfully hard time convincing me that Hoyt's factory limbs are better than a set of Barnsdales.

Put it this way: Dave Barnsdale warranties my limbsat 3 gpp. Hoyt won't match that with theirs.

Actions > Words.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 PM

quicksilver, I'm going to agree with most of what you said, with the exception of the '08 Fuse strings. I will admit that I don't know what they've done differently, but whatever it was, it worked. There is no stretch, no peep rotation....They're great.

I still don't know that Barnesdales are any BETTER than Hoyt, but then again, I don't really know that they aren't either. I'm still not sure why ANY bow company would even want to warranty dry firing a bow.....That 3 gpp is basically just that, dry firing the bow. Yes, apparently they can take it......but this is still a new trend, I'll be curious to see what happens w/ this over the course of the next couple years. And I'm also not sure that a 3 gpp warranty indicates a better limb either....

Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I noticed that they are no longer using Vapor Trail strings. For you guys in the know, any idea on why they changed string makers?
I think Neely's custom is a better option myself.
They have actually have been through 3 string makers in only a few years. I wonder why they don't use Winner's Choice anymore? [8D]
I think ROSS dump them also in 08[&:]
Only because G5 started making strings, too. Loyalty and whatnot.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Dave Barnsdale warranties my limbs at 3 gpp.
I've heard HCA does as well, but here is a question. Is shooting an arrow at 3 grains per pound practical? Maybe in 3D and even then some of the major associations have speed limits or minimal grain weights. For hunting 3 gpp or even near that is a waste.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

Dave Barnsdale warranties my limbs at 3 gpp.
I've heard HCA does as well, but here is a question. Is shooting an arrow at 3 grains per pound practical? Maybe in 3D and even then some of the major associations have speed limits or minimal grain weights. For hunting 3 gpp or even near that is a waste.
But its fast!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

But its fast!
Yes, and noisy and hard on a bow IMO. I'll take momentum over extreme speed for hunting purposes, but thats another thread.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

But its fast!
Yes, and noisy and hard on a bow IMO. I'll take momentum over extreme speed for hunting purposes, but thats another thread.
Agreed.

I've found a happy medium between the two and I'm more than satisfied. A relatively heavy arrow shooting 275+fps is more than adequate.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don - I'm glad they've come up with a better string, b/c they were flat-out ripping people off with that garbage they were putting on their bows in '07.

I got to watch 4 of my buddies buy new Vulcans last year, and thenhave to turn around 2 months later and buy new aftermarket strings, b/c they got sick of twisting theirs back into spec. That just shouldn't happen after you drop the better part of a grand on a bow. I thought it was criminal. One of the bows had to go back with a bad limb, and that was a major escapade, too.

The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth - and I wasn't even the poor schmuck who got ripped off.

They definitely owe it to their customers to come up with a better offering than what they did last year. That was embarrassing.

Cougar Mag: My bow is a HCA - warranted at 3gpp. I won't get into it, but I hunted this year with an arrow built to 4.1 gpp at over 350 fps. No problems. Bow still in one piece. My limbs are warranted both through Barnsdale directly, and through HCA factory.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:11 PM

Fran, brother.......if you only knew how much I agree with that statement. I did the same thing, bought a new Vectrix and 2 months later put WC strings and cables on it....

I absolutely couldn't stand the Fuse strings last year. I was scared this year when I bought my Vectrix Plus I would have to do the same thing, but I'm been very happy with them this year. I've had that bow since the end of November, and my peep hasn't rotated AT ALL.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

2 questions. (1)What is the GTO selling for in most pro shops? I have two Elite dealers listed within 45 miles of me. If I get interested I would just like to know how they compare.

(2) Using the proper draw length module can I adjust the draw to my length while at the same time lower the letoff to around 70%? I assume I could because that is what I did with my Patriot without losing any performance. I just despise the feel of 80% letoff. In fact I will not own a bow that HAS to be shot at 80% letoff.

Quick Reply: Elite GTO, should NOT be overlooked...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.