Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Late season NC success in the SNOW!! >

Late season NC success in the SNOW!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Late season NC success in the SNOW!!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Late season NC success in the SNOW!!

congrats thats an awsome harvest.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the congratulatory comments.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats gotta love that snow it sure makes it easier tracking them.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats. It looks like you have as much snow as we do right now.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Gotta love the snow in NC.....since we seem to see it so rarely.

Tell me more about where you're hunting! Elkin?

I took this off my back porch, yesterday morning.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

Jeff
I'm hunting two different areas at the moment. One place is bordering the hospital land (Hugh Chatham if you're familiar) and the other is near Elkin park (Across the river from Elkin High School). After 6 sittings I've seen 21 deer and harvested a six pointer and the doe pictured. Most of the deer are nocturnal at the moment as just about everytime I get ready to exit the deer pile in by the herds. From the few people I know that are hunting the season, I've been one of the more successful ones as not much has been reported. One gentlemen seen 47 in one sitting, but not to sure how much of that I believe if you get my drift. I put out two feeders full of corn but the deer really aren't hitting the bait, neither deer that i harvested was interested in eating?

I think you mentioned that someone offered you a place to hunt, I'd def. take them up on the offer. I'd offer but both property owners were very stern that no one is to be on their land but me and to come get them if I seen any trespassers.

Another note, I mentioned to Greg (Deer Run) that you spoke positively about his shop online so I'd push for a discount.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I think you mentioned that someone offered you a place to hunt, I'd def. take them up on the offer. I'd offer but both property owners were very stern that no one is to be on their land but me and to come get them if I seen any trespassers.

Another note, I mentioned to Greg (Deer Run) that you spoke positively about his shop online so I'd push for a discount.
No worries. I had 2 offers to hunt there.....but my season was productive and long. I am content. Thanks, anyway.

Greg (Deer Run Archery) is a good egg. Good guy......great inddor 3D range. Go see him, sometime.

Good luck on your remaining month of urban season.

EDIT: And to be honest with ya.......MY luck.....I'd have a monster walk by me for the first time in NC......and I don't have a tag for him!

Old 01-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Jeff,
I actually went last tuesday and picked up a dozen arrows from Greg's place.

Side Note: I might have some extra meat for the family you mentioned to me previously, we've got a few people that want some but my season's not over. Are you/the family(?) still wanting some meat?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Shoot me a PM. My freezer is full ().....but with THIRTEEN kids....I'm sure the family I donate meat to would be grateful and very appreciative of your gesture.

Let me know. ALL you'd have to do is bring the field dressed animal to my house. I'd take it, from there. We can drink a beer or 6 while I'm butchering her up. I'd like that.

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

good deal, 9 times out of 10 I'll already have it in a cooler. I might have some meat left over from this doe, but I've got your # so I'll let you know. I'm off Monday and Tuesday so we'll see how things play out.

Quick Reply: Late season NC success in the SNOW!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.