Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stabilizer Question >

Stabilizer Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stabilizer Question

Old 01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stabilizer Question

I am looking at getting a new stabilizer after this season any was wondering what some of you guys use. Let me start by saying I like a light bow so I dont want to go to heavy. Some of the ones I am thinking about are Limbsaver Mini S Coil it weighs 3.6 ounces another one I was looking at was Doinker X Flight Plus and Doinker A-Bomb that weighs 1.7 ounces. Was wondering if anyone used has these stabilizers and how you like it or does anyone have any suggestions on others to look at. Also does anyone on here not use a stabilizer on there bow. Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stabilizer Question

I'm still deciding that. I used to have on, for the past month have been shooting without. I was curious. My shooting, honestly, has stayed consistantly (almost where I want it)w/o one. I'm leaning that way.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

A stabilizer in the size your talking is not going to do much of any "stabilizing", but it will reduce hand shock and vibration.

I have a TruGlo Deadonator that was given to me my BigJ(many thanks again) It is 3.5" & 4.2oz.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:45 PM

There are a gazillion great stabilizers on the market. For the money, you will simply not beat the S-coil, and it's light. It works every bit as good as a high dollar doinker or Fuse.

Having said that, sometimes it's not 100% based on functionality. What I mean is, if you get a few stabilizers that work well, and you like....SOMETIMES it's about how they look. Which is why I went w/ the Fuse CX Hunter.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM

it plays in on my confidence for some reason. IDK why but when i broke my last one my shooting went through the drain until i got a new one. I knew it was in my head but still couldnt get my shooting better. same thing with my wrist sling.

I agree with Mobow, Fuse for looks or Scoil for a simple but good stabilizer(what i use)
Old 01-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

not to be hijacking his original but where did you find a cx hunter at are they new for 08? cuz all i can find are the Axium's?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:58 PM

Yes, the CX Hunter is new for '08....

Old 01-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

i love my full size S-Coil
Old 01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll have 10" Fuse Axiums on my hunting bows this year.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Yes, the CX Hunter is new for '08....

I saw a guy at the shop yesterday putting one of those on his new General....They look sweet. I bet they balance the bow really well too.

Quick Reply: Stabilizer Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.