Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What's makes a Pro Hunter >

What's makes a Pro Hunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What's makes a Pro Hunter

Old 01-17-2008, 03:51 PM

Default What's makes a Pro Hunter

So I'm watching the Sportsman's channel on Comcast and are watching these "Pro" hunters and I can't help but ask...what the hell makes them so Pro?! Is it that they just get paid to hunt? They can afford fancy cameras and pay people to hunt on land that others can't?

I bet the majority of people on this forum can make the shots I see them make on t.v. if they had the same opportunities (not like they're hard) so why are you not pro? I'm guessing it is because you have a normal job, are part of the middle class and a family you need to take care of.

I kind of look at the title of "Pro" hunter the same as a "Pro" poker player.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What's makes a Pro Hunter

they know the right people.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Pro are professional is some one who dose something for personal gain ( money ) are for a living. It has not a thing with being good, but it helps. In hunting unlike target are 3Ds were you got to be able to win to make money. You just got to have your own TV show and get lucky to get a big one some times are to keep it interesting to keep it aired. So you can get paid for doing it. Look it up in the dictionary
Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 PM

ORIGINAL: bowdoc1

Pro are professional is some one who dose something for personal gain ( money ) are for a living. It has not a thing with being good, but it helps. In hunting unlike target are 3Ds were you got to be able to win to make money. You just got to have your own TV show and get lucky to get a big one some times are to keep it interesting to keep it aired. So you can get paid for doing it. Look it up in the dictionary
someone is one word, dose is does and fragmented sentences...and you want me to use a dictionary.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly, I don't think there is such a thing as a "PRO" hunter. There are paid TV Personalities, There are "endorsed" hunters, and Professional shooters but in my opinion, and it may differ from any of yours, no such thing as a professional hunter.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I concur, Rob.

The only pro-hunter I know of is made by TC
Old 01-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd consider them guys in africa pro hunters.

Otherwise "pro" just means getting paid. Who cares whether they earned it or BS'd thier way to it, to bought into it.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

I concur, Rob.

The only pro-hunter I know of is made by TC

Old 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM

Must be nice to get paid for it.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:05 PM

I agree someone who can sell ice to an eskimoo. If you get paid for during a service I guess you can consider yourself a pro. They are the lucky one getting paid for something they love but alot of them do promote our sport which is needed.

Quick Reply: What's makes a Pro Hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.