Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech boys

Old 01-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech boys

have any of you heard any problems w/ the 08 general, mine so far has been great so far except the draw mod screws come loose every 20 shots, 2 actualy fall completely out and the other 4 are ready to fall out, talked to my local pro shop today and he said he never heard of any problems but was gonna call me back but i still havent heard from him...
any input would be helpful thanks.....
Old 01-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech boys

I dont have a general but you might want to put some locktite on the screws...not sure if that would help...
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen quite a few issues pop up on different boards...It's all second hand info but there were enough of them that it weighed heavily in my decision to not buy a new General this year.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think you will find a huge percentage of General owners have the same problems I've had. None!

I have not any problems with mine nor have I heard of any. I just talked to a couple dealers yesterday. A little Blue loctite will keep your mod screws tight. Loose mod screws can happen on any Bow

Dan
Old 01-17-2008, 06:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

You may also "find" a lot less problems if you get that bow for free... I know I would have nothing but praise. But thanks for your reviewMeanV
Old 01-17-2008, 06:06 AM

This is the first I've heard of a problem like this. We had several Generals in and the only problem we found was with on particular bow and a missing shim. I'd put a little loctite on the threads and call 'er good.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

If I'm not mistaken.....my bow shop loc-tites all the screws on the bows when they arrive. I may be wrong about this.....but I see them doing it all the time on new bows, it seems.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

No problems with my General in fact I changed the draw stop position when I changed draw length modules and it stays put. Small issue that can be remedied quickly.

Most of what I've read is second hand or from those holding another bow wishing to bash, and it ALL usually starts on AT.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 AM

Loose mod screws can happen on any Bow
Roger that! And they do. We encounter it on some of the Hoyts we sell, especially straight from the factory. I dunno, maybe they just don't tighten them very well, or maybe they are shaken loose during shipment, but for whatever reason, they are loose. BUT, after we tighten them, problem goes away. Every 20 shots or so seems excessive....

Old 01-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOCTITE!! works well I would assume you rpro shop would loctite all screws. If not they should!

Quick Reply: bowtech boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.