Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Topo

I usually don't do this, but you can take a look at our software (www.memory-map.com). If you buy the Navigator license (allows third party map import), you can download all the maps you want from the USGS Seamless site (includes aerial images), the Libre Map Project or many other sites. State elevation data can be downloaded freefrom our server and used for 3D map images. You can also import / export routes, tracks and waypoints from most GPS models. The license allows use on one PC, one laptop and one mobile device (Pocket PC or Smartphone).
Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll stick with USAPhotomaps by JDMCOX.com. Its free and does what I need it to do. Very GPS friendly and a great tool for scouting new areas.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

RISS, USAPhotomaps is definitely a good program and you can't beat the price. Not a lot of bells and whistles, but that helps keep the confusion down for people who just need the basics.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Gundeck

I usually don't do this, but you can take a look at our software (www.memory-map.com). If you buy the Navigator license (allows third party map import), you can download all the maps you want from the USGS Seamless site (includes aerial images), the Libre Map Project or many other sites. State elevation data can be downloaded freefrom our server and used for 3D map images. You can also import / export routes, tracks and waypoints from most GPS models. The license allows use on one PC, one laptop and one mobile device (Pocket PC or Smartphone).
Cool stuff. [8D]

I guess I just like the challenge of taking maps and trying to figuring the place out before I ever see it. It's a lot of fun. It's like treasure hunting. My state of Ohio has over a million public acrers to play on. One life time just isn't long enough.