Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need to Vent

Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need to Vent

Hope things get better soon Charlie. Its hard to believe how long people have to wait to see a Doctor, while their life falls apart around them.
Prayer sent.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

EXCUSE ME? My comment that bowhunters are more fit than gun hunters relates, quotes the thread that was started by a member, NOT MY WORDS! Perhaps you should read it and get your "facts" straight: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2573792
I was referring to your post where you were expressing your thoughts on each of the threads that were questioned as to why they should be in the bowhunting forum.

Your quote:
How much do you guys work out a week First paragraph talks about bowhunters being usually more fit, very bowhunting related.
All the typing in red was you expressing your opinion, I felt that's what you said but really not a big deal.

I do consider the Deer Hunting Forum a majority Gun forum, NOT SPECIFICALLY, and I would love to hear your version of how I flat out accused you of lying. I'm not your favorite?, get in line. LMAO. I suggest however you take it to PM.
Again, here is your quote.
Some are "bowhunting" related because of the species we hunt. Should we move ALL deer related questions to the Deer Hunting Forum. I consider that a gun hunting forum.

I didn't see the caveats in that statement. Just a straightforward sentence.

I'm not sure why I should take this private when you are confronting me in public. As far as you accusing me of lying, when I first joined the forum I posted a picture that you jumped all over saying that it was photoshopped. Several posts on the subject. The picture was probably not in the best taste and probably could have been removed for those reasons, but you didn't say much about that, just the fact that you were 100% sure that it was photoshopped. NO doubt at all.

I sent you a polite PM and you turned right around and posted in the public thread the jest of my PM, not word for word, but pretty close. The photo in question was an old photo that was taken with a film camera and I had access to the original negative. I offered to supply that negative to an independent 3rd party to verify but I wanted to place a monetary wager on the outcome of the verification but you seemed to forget about it after that. I'm hesitant to send you a PM because of the previous history so I'll just post it here. You never even replied to my last PM just publicly harassed me on the subject. I did get a notification stating that it had been read but that was it.

I doubt anything will come of this. Maybe you'll be a little less confrontational in the future, probably not.

Charlie, sorry that this is in your post, you did call me out on my post and I'm stating some of my thoughts behind why I started it and addressing the issue that Rob brought up in a public thread.

Again, I wish you all the best on your back and hope that you are able to get everything worked out and be able to get back up in a tree with a bow again soon.

Nathan
Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

It sure is hot in here..

Chalie, I've never had back trouble to speak of. My dad had 2 back surgeries when I was a kid. All I remember from that is a lot of tears and him sleeping in the den floor, no carpet, and agony. Hope you are stomping around in the woods again soon.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: npaden

I'm not sure why I should take this private when you are confronting me in public...

I sent you a polite PM and you turned right around and posted in the public thread the jest of my PM, not word for word, but pretty close.
I see the problemand you are to blame here. When you registered for membership you did not read the clause regarding PM's. The "P" stands for public, not private!

Charlie, sorry bout your condition. I hope it improves.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI, Rob sent me a PM and I think we have things fairly settled from my end anyway. Sorry to cause problems yesterday, it was not my intention.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Charlie - who everthought YOU would be the voice of reason!

Hope this isn't your new role

FH
Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Fork Horn

this sounds like the next UFC match in the making
Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Charlie... I was forced into early retirement -REALLY early because I was only 40 -because of my back in '92. I've got 8 discs in my lower back and neck that have ruptured or herniated, plus bone spurs displacing the nerve roots in my spine. They told me I needed a 4 level lumbar fusion and they considered a 3 level a retirement operation. Also said I had less than a 50-50 chance of surviving the surgery, so I told 'em to stuff it. I keep a bottle of vicodin on hand all the time, but I only use it when it's so bad I can't stand it.

So, I know how pain and financial worries can make the ol' temper get a bit short at times.

It's kinda cool though. Like yesterday, I dropped a can of soup on my big toe.Looked at the nail turning blue and said to myself, "Dang. I bet that hurt."
Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

It's kinda cool though. Like yesterday, I dropped a can of soup on my big toe.Looked at the nail turning blue and said to myself, "Dang. I bet that hurt."
And I betit doesn't burn anymore either when you go pp too right? j/k
Old 01-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear about hte pain. Hope it clears up for ya.

Quick Reply: Need to Vent

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.