Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews Conquest? >

Mathews Conquest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews Conquest?

Old 01-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mathews Conquest?

Anyone ever shot a Mathews conquest?

A buddy of mine (who is and has been Mr. Bow hunter/competition shooter forever) has a Mathews Conquest for sale. It has a 60/70 pound draw weight and 28 inch length, which is how my bow is set up now for me.
The bow was given to him as collateral for some motorcycle work, and supposedly has never had an arrow shot through it. My buddy says it is believable and looks as if it just came out of the box. Has a drop away rest, blah, blah blah, two years old, blah, blah blah…

Since “the guy” hasn’t paid, my buddy says I can have this bow for $300. Currently, I shoot a left handed high country, right handed. Lots of people think this is funny, but I shoot it well and like the quiver being on the left side of the bow while still-hunting on the ground. I know I should probably get a better bow and don’t want to pass up a deal, but quite frankly, I’m ignorant about many of the bows on the market.

Does $300 for a Conquest that is in like new condition sound like a deal? Of course I would go check it out and fire it before handing over any money, but I’d rather not make the trip if it isn’t a good deal.

Thanks,

KP
Old 01-15-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mathews Conquest?

There are many versions of the Conquest, leading up to the current Conquest IV. There is also the Conquest Apex 7, and Conquest Apex.......so all together there are like 6 of them? I'd try to find out which one specifically it is.

The short answer, is yes if your looking for that sort of bow it's probably a good deal assuming it is less than 3 years old. The Conquest series of bows has likely won more professional tournaments in it's time than any other bow on the market. They are great shooters. I'm shooting a Conquest Apex for indoors this year and love it.