Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 36" ATA bow guys....another question >

36" ATA bow guys....another question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

36" ATA bow guys....another question

Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Default 36" ATA bow guys....another question

I know it won't fit in my soft case....but it might in my hard case. have any of you guys had to get a new case with a 36" ATA bow? If so....any suggestions?

Thanks.

BTW...my hard case is a Dosko.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Default RE: 36" ATA bow guys....another question

What soft case do you have? I am actually quite surprised that it won't fit.....

I just got a Vanguard, and love it. Pricey, but it's good stuff.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am surprised as well but I have a gander mountain nock off of an SKB soft case.Extrememy nice with 2 sides (2 bows)and extra pockets for lots of stuff.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I've got a Primos. It's got those "foamy" things that velcro in at the bottom....and I know my son's old Jennings wouldn't fit in it. I suppose I could remove the padded "foamy" things....but that's what I'd have to do.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll let you know the next time I go downstairs and try to put my new 36" axle-to-axle bow in it.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM

I'm tryin to follow you here Jeff.......So, the problem isn't that the case is too short, it's not tall enough? With the foam "thingys" in the bottom? I'm not familiar w/ that case....just trying to picture it...
Old 01-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll let you know the next time I go downstairs and try to put my new 36" axle-to-axle bow in it.
No ****?

I never liked you.

(Let me know what you think after you shoot it some.)
Old 01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm sorry, mobow...

In the bottom...the bow fits into two little "pockets" at each end.....cams side down. The foamy things are attached to the bottom with velcro on the bottom of them. It's adjustable to fit different ATA bows.....but I don't think it'll accomodate a 36" bow. At least it woud accomodate my son's old Jennings Buckmaster (whateve ATA that was).

I hope that's clearer.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

What soft case do you have? I am actually quite surprised that it won't fit.....

I just got a Vanguard, and love it. Pricey, but it's good stuff.
I have a Vanguard hardcase.I love that case. I've had my Slayer in it last year (37" parallel limb), as well as my Old Glory that I used to have which was about the same ATA. I really don't understand why more don't like Vanguard, I think they are a truly fantastic case. With the traveling you have coming up in 09' Jeff, I'd really be looking at a quality hard case anyhow that will be airline approved

Mine is the same length/width dimensions as their current double model, but mine is the single model. It looks like this:

Old 01-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah, Jeff ... it would have been the PERFECT day if it'd went just a LITTLE differently. I had a legit 130-class buck around me for two hours today right after my wife sent me a text message saying two new bows had arrived.

At one time, he was only 50 yards away, but I never got a shot. Still one of my most awesome hunts ever though getting to watch him use a herd of nine deer to protect him, as he watched their every movement and stayed around 100 yards behind them at all times.

Anyway... the new Invelvet finish on it is simply awesome... real rubbery feeling. I've got one more day to hunt (tomorrow) and then I'll get it set up.

Quick Reply: 36" ATA bow guys....another question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.