Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times?

Old 01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many times?

I sat 28 times. It would have been more, but Indiana rapes non-residents on deer tag fees($150 to kill a doe is pretty expensive meat IMO)and I was done in Ohio.Season opened 29Sept and closes the 3rdof February.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our season goes from September 15 until Jan 6th. Bowhunting is closed for the 9 day regular gun season at the end of November! I hunted front to back! During the Gun season I was at my property in Northern Michigan for 2 weeks gun hunting. It would be easier to count the days I didn't hunt! Honestly I couldn't tell you how many times I sat on stand this year, ALOT. One thing I do know I hunted more than ever but I scouted just as much if not more!!
Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Our Minnesota Archery deer season starts usually the 3rd week of Sept and goes till Dec 31st
Our Minnesota Bear season starts Sept 1st and goes till the 2nd week of Oct.

This year- 2007

Bow hunting deer= 3 sits
Bow hunting bear= 5 sits

Last year- 2006

Bow hunting deer= 20 sits (Some were all day) (Guessing)
Bow hunting bear= 12 sits

Average sits in a year in 22 years of bow hunting- 1986 thru 2007

Bow hunting deer= 20 sits (Some are all day) (The sits are also a guess!)
Bow hunting bear= 8 sits
Old 01-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont record my sits or my hours but a fair estimate would be 40 different sitsfor about 150 hours this season with the bow
Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

im almost 15, ive bowhunted an average of 5-6 weekends a year. learned a lot bowhunting. helps me become a better gun hunter
Old 01-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

should mention, after i shot my buck, i didnt hunt much. shot it with 4 weeks left to hunt, so this years numbers are fairly low. i had atleast 3, sometimes 4 days a week to hunt atleast one 4-5hr sit. saturdays i had all day to hunt, usually making 2 4-5hr sits on stand.

on my old PC i kept hours of each sit...average was right around 4-5hrs. dont count the hours i was walking or sitting in the dark either. just made sense not to count those hours.

once i killed my buck, i hunted a few more times "doe hunting" but was really scouting areas for next season and took the bow "incase" a doe came in..didnt try super hard...dont see many does in my bowhunting areas..then i moved during the last 2 weeks of the season so i didnt get to hunt at all.

average for me id say 6 week season by 3-4 days a week is 18-24 hunting days a season..the year before last, im sure i made alot more than 18 days out, but had a better college schedule so i was able to do so...all depends for me...
Old 01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

My Wife would ask if I do anything besides Bowhunt for about 3 months out of the year, and the answer would be No

I usually am hunting somewhere in Oct., Nov., & Dec. Then you got Turkey seasonI would say I am out Bowhunting between 50 and 100 days a year.

Some people take responsibilities too serious, I just Go Bowhunt!!

Dan
Old 01-14-2008, 04:17 PM

27 sits this year with an average of 2-3 hours per sit. It would sure be more if my schedule allowed.

GMMAT, over 10,000 posts in a shade over two years!!! Man you need to spend more time hunting on not in front of a computer!![:'(]
Old 01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Site Bouncer

Do some of you guys actually log your time on stand?? That seems a lot like work to me.[&:]

I have no idea how much I've hunted this year or any other for that matter. I guess if I thought about it I could come close.....but why the hell would I want to do that???

I hunted a lot this year.....that's the best I can give ya.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Bartender

Same here I do not keep track, I am hunting and I am happy.

Quick Reply: How many times?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.