Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Go hunting this weekend(cold gear?) >

Go hunting this weekend(cold gear?)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Go hunting this weekend(cold gear?)

Old 01-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Go hunting this weekend(cold gear?)

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

Eberhart stick a couple of those hot packs over his kidneys. Says that keeps him pretty warm.
I might try that
Any other tips for keeping warm?
I also keep the little hot packs in my jacket pockets and stick the hand that is not holding the bow in there or both if you are not holding the bow.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here is the place

My buddy use to work there, there are a lot Duck hunter.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hot packs,Wool,Fleece. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started using under armour cold gear 2 seasons ago and now consider it a must for winter time hunting! Could not go in the woods without it!!
Also if you do not own a neck gaiter~~~ Go get one!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck Gary!

Man in those temps I layer up thick... lots of thin layers...base layers, anti micro, scent lok liners.. what ever I can put on..underneath my Thinsulate bibs and parka without being to bulky...

I bought a great pair of boots finally this late season, the Cabelas infernos.. finally my feet stay warm.. I bought them a size big so I wouldnt cut of any circulation... worked well in the mid teens to low twenty days..

Dan knows a lot about hunting the extreme colds!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Hmm wonder if this is the first ever Shaquille O'Neal reference on the Bowhunting board???
And let's hope the last. [8D]
Old 01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first few years in the Marine Corps I was in a cold weather infantry unit. We trained in Norway, Alaska, etc. It got COLD. Anyway, my layers were polypropolene (this was pre UA), the thick polypros we were issued that were great, a warming layer, another warming layer, and then our Gortex outerwear. I am telling you, you can make it through anything in that. A good outer layer that stops the wind is absolutely key to comfort in the cold IMO. I still have an "extra" pair of extreme cold weather boots too if you want them.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

My first few years in the Marine Corps I was in a cold weather infantry unit. We trained in Norway, Alaska, etc. It got COLD. Anyway, my layers were polypropolene (this was pre UA), the thick polypros we were issued that were great, a warming layer, another warming layer, and then our Gortex outerwear. I am telling you, you can make it through anything in that. A good outer layer that stops the wind is absolutely key to comfort in the cold IMO. I still have an "extra" pair of extreme cold weather boots too if you want them.
My Feet are way bigger than yours[:-]

With feet I am good. I think I will be fine. I ma ordering some cold weather gloves I have the mask.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: huntingson

My Feet are way bigger than yours[:-]

With feet I am good. I think I will be fine. I ma ordering some cold weather gloves I have the mask.
It's not the size of the foot in the boot. It's how far Ikick it up your arse that counts
Old 01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wool.

And bring some empty carbs. I like M&M's. If you start getting cold feet or hands, eat some. You'll be amazed.
KP

Quick Reply: Go hunting this weekend(cold gear?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.