Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

list for 2008

Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: list for 2008

scentkiller for oct nov

coveralls insulated
$109.00

*boot waterproof insulated
$100.00

*arrows
$50.00

*ground blind
$100.00

scope
$75.00

$434.00

muzzleloaderand supplys
$275.00

$709.00

plus i wont some land i hope i get it
if i do

5 acres food plot supplys
8x8 ground blind built
2 trail cams
one wildlife eye
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx [ul][*]im gettin a fred bear "the truth" in about a month[*]settin up the new bow[*]picking up my newest deer mount from the taxidermest[*]shoot a bigger buck than what i have[*]first bowkill[*]kill a turkey this spring on my own[*]get a new guy in the woods[/ul]
That a boy Rory!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I want to check out the new Octane line of accessories. The quiver looks killer.
Hey Scott...

If you see this....would you post up a link?

Thanks.
The website hasn't been updated yet but here are some photos

*Edit* Photos won't show for some reason? Sorry...

Old 01-13-2008, 07:36 PM

New 2008 Bowtech 82nd airborn,New black gold or toxonics sights and i wont to kill my very first turkey with my new bow.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:41 PM

I've got a Sword Apex Micro 3rd Plane on order, and a dozen Carbon Express CXL's, both for shooting 3D this summer.

I also have on order a suit of Enigma G2.

Here's the wish list.

Scent Lok Full Season
New boots
And the every year supply of Dead Down Wind products.

I'm quite sure something else will pop up, but I don't anticipate spending as much this year. I really loaded up last year, and just really don't need much else.....For once.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wonder if I will ever head into a season with everything I need.....

For 2008 I will be adding:

Scentblocker Dream Season Pro fleece outerwear. This stuff is SAWEET! Zip out full wool liner jacket, nice little accessory gadgets and the new Mossy oak Treestand pattern looks terrific on it. (And I just happen to have an opening for some decent outerwear after my mishap this past season[&o])

Speaking of mishaps a new Nikon 440 rangefinder to replace the one that Farmer Ted is using somewhere in rural Southern Ill.

A bunch of the Scentblocker base layer clothing. The light wicking stuff, and the Marino wool layers as well. Going to try to put together a complete layering system for once rather than never quite getting it right.

Bows? Well yeah I'll have some new bows. LOL

I'll also have the new line of Octane stuff on the compounds anyway. The quivers are really the Shiz, and there will be a TON of people shooting the Hostage Pro rest.........mark my words.

Probably 2 more trail cameras.......most likely the economical Moutrie D-40's. I can't chance the real high dollar stuff where I hunt. Sad but true.

My 2008 Illinois hunting and bow tags.

Some of the new Carbon Express Aramid Kevlar shafts to pound out of the Airborne 82.

Some of the new Steelforce single bevel 3:1 broadheads for my longbow hunting.

Feather chopper, and some sort of sanding jig to start making my own fletching from wild turkey feathers.

New custom back quiver for my traditional 3D shooting and practice.......just looks weird with those shafts and that bow and my current 3D hip quiver.

Every bowhunting video made and REALLY looking forward to the WKP (White Knuckle Productions)new release.......Todd showed me a loop at the ATA show and the new vid is going to knock your socks off!!
I really love bowhunting DVD's.....LOL

Speaking of bows probably a new DAS 'Dalla' recurve in a lighter 50# draw weight for a 3D competition bow and maybe some heavier hunting limbs at a later date. Shot this one at the show and I was smacking arrows together on pretty much every 3 shot group. It was a real natural in my hands.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

A new pair of boots,400 grams thinsulate and they have to be really light.(I am open to suggestions)not rubber.
New string and cables on my bow winners choice replacing winners choice.
Northern Outfitters Vaetrex top and bottoms 0 degree's.
New gloves
New bag target
I am doing my best not to buy the Sitka Gear downpour rain gear it is darn expensive but it keeps calling me "Scot you have to have me,Scot you have to have me" I am so weak when itcomes to gear!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I'll be adding a new Airborne 101 to my stable very soon. I also will be adding a bunch of Scent Blocker. I used some last year and was totally impressed with it. I will be hopefully playing with a new dozen CX Aramids sometime, and I have been wanting a new Spotting Scope. The new Octane accessories will be at the top of my list. Gee! That's quite a list I'll have to put priorities on things and see how it goes.

Dan
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Spike

I'm looking at the following but we are expecting our first child so I may have to cut it down some but hopefully a bonus might show up one of these days:

1. New set of camoflauge (probably River's West)
2. Some type of base layer like x-system or medalist
3. Another ladderstand
4. Magnus Bullhead's for turkey hunting
5. I'd like to experiment with the Striker Magnum's
6. Mean V
7. Double Bull's new blind that you can weave the straw in to make it look like a hay bale
8. 3D target probably a turkey

I'm pretty sure I won't get all that stuff but it would be a pretty sweet year if I could.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am planning on checking out the new Trophy Ridge arrows and after talking to a Bowtech buddy, I guess I have no choice but to order a new quiver from Bowtech.

Quick Reply: list for 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.