Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 90 % let off check it out >

90 % let off check it out

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

90 % let off check it out

Old 01-12-2008, 08:36 PM

Default 90 % let off check it out

i work at mesquite archery and we juat got theb new airborne mods in. i put some on my tribute and it gave me 90% let off and 6fps faster. you can do that on the tribute and the alliengce. i know that for shure you might be able to put it on other bows to.if you have one of those two bows i would try it.but take it tro a pro shop to do it because they know what they are doing.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 90 % let off check it out

At some point extra let off is not good. The cams will not give you a clean release. I think some of the true 80% bows are already there.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always thought that increasing letoff percentage resulted in slower speeds. Am I wrong or is this one different?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

99% let-off. Check it out.

http://www.conceptarchery.com/bows_home.html
Old 01-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Might as well just hunt with a crossbow.[8D]
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think whenbowhunters start looking at bows with over 70% breakover you should turn in your man card.
Pop Eye Up, buysome weights and start eating you Spinach instead!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Spike

your form would have to be flawless to shoot one of these bows. truely they can only be used for target shooting, because when that monster buck walks up you would have to be dead to not start shaking and keep your form that perfect. i don't care who you are. everyone gets the shakes at some piont! one little move on your release and your arrows will be all over the place!
Old 01-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

I think whenbowhunters start looking at bows with over 70% breakover you should turn in your man card.
Pop Eye Up, buysome weights and start eating you Spinach instead!
The problem with that is it's hard to find anything under 80% anymore. Back to the original post, I'd like to hear from the Bowtech guys as to what kind of impact this could have to the bow, if any.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

The problem with that is it's hard to find anything under 80% anymore. Back to the original post, I'd like to hear from the Bowtech guys as to what kind of impact this could have to the bow, if any.

As for what sort of damage this could cause to his bow I do not have an answer.....

I would just like to warn any others thinking of trying this not to...... These airborne mods were not intended for use on any other bow except for the two airborne models.....

Also, using mods not intended for your specific bow would void your warranty as well.
[/align]
Old 01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

...but take it tro a pro shop to do it because they know what they are doing.
Absolutely no pro shop that has even a lick of common sense willattach mods intended for other bows onto different models. As Scott stated above, not only will this void the warranty, the shop itself will become liable for any injuries, personal or to equipment, that result as an act of such a bone-headed move.

Quick Reply: 90 % let off check it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.