Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is this really hunting? >

is this really hunting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is this really hunting?

Old 01-12-2008, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default is this really hunting?

i dont really consider this hunting. i have nothing against gun hunters, im a gun hunter. but comeon dont you think this is a little far out? just wonderin what you guys thought
http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2566999
Old 01-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: is this really hunting?

One of the guys in there said it best I think. Its long range shooting not hunting. Its not so much the 300 to 400 yarders. When he gets talking about 1000 yards, come on now!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, if I was hunting strictly for meat AND I had practiced those yardages AND hit my targets successfully, then yes, I would take the shot(s). To go out and do for any other reason....yeah keep it at the range.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 PM

Then why don't you post about it in the thread already started rather than start another one so the bow hunters can slam on him in another forum. If you have a problem let the guy know in his own thread.

Paul
Old 01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

I don't see anything wrong with it. This guy probably gets just as much excitment at having the ability to shoot at those distances as we do shooting a deer at 20yds with a bow. so, why are we any better?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:04 PM

Im calling B.S. !! on the 700-1000 yd shots. Unless he is a trained sniper/ special forces Delta, he ain't doing it!! My 2 cents, and why would you do it ??
Old 01-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Why would you do it? Do you realize the skill you have to have to make those kinds of shots?

Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM
bigcountry

I know RR and talk to him regularly. He takes his shooting iron seriously. People has to find thier own way, and he does. Some people love shooting a longbow, other like crossbow, some like pistols, he likes long range.

It takes incredible amount of practice to make 700 yard shot. I shoot long range regularly, actually used too, and 500 yard shots are very doable.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt in central wisconsin lots of farm land. just seeing a deer that far away is a miracle. actually getting a shot? forget it.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

It takes alot of discipline to be able to shoot and hit at long ranges.The shooter has to be very intimate with and knowledgeable of his firearm,ammo,wind,etc.It takes many hours of practice on the range and alot of hours on the reloading bench.

Quick Reply: is this really hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.