Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 Meta peep problem...... >

G5 Meta peep problem......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Meta peep problem......

Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default G5 Meta peep problem......

Have youguys noticed if your G5 meta peeps are "oblonging" out? My 1/4 inch hunter isn't round anymore..... More of an elliptical shape..... [/align]
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: G5 Meta peep problem......

I only have two right now Scott. I put them on my General and Marquis. It's the first ones I've owned and I don't notice anything yet but they are fairly new. I have however heard of this before.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

When they took mine off to put on my Verifier, the guy told me it wasn't round any more. I took a look and sure nuff I could tell it was oblong too. He sais the guy that tied it in had too much pressure on it. He should have had the ties farther from the peep.

I have heard others complain about this also.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Huh.... I have never heard anyone mention this before.... [&:]

Not cool..... I own about $60 worth of these things........
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It has been mentioned on here before. But I had also heard they had fixed the problem. I guess not!!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

It has been mentioned on here before. But I had also heard they had fixed the problem. I guess not!!
G5 made the peeps stronger last year in response to these complaints. You may have got an old one. I've read in numerous places that the cause of the problem was operator error - people tying them in too close to the peep putting too much pressure on the peep.

I've never had this problem with mine. I tie it about 3/4" above and below.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

G5 made the peeps stronger last year in response to these complaints. You may have got an old one. I've read in numerous places that the cause of the problem was operator error - people tying them in too close to the peep putting too much pressure on the peep.

I don't even tie my peep in in that fashion... So that is not why mine has done it.....There is next to no pressure on my peep from serving it in..... [&:]
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

How could this happen? They are made out of magnesium(spelling?) & that stuff breaks not bends.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I don't even tie my peep in in that fashion... So that is not why mine has done it.....There is next to no pressure on my peep from serving it in..... [&:]
Yes, they did have a problem with them about a year ago. I know that they changed them to fix it. Call them and see if they will replace them for you.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Do they even still make them? Just went to their site and don't see them listed anywhere.

Quick Reply: G5 Meta peep problem......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.