Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many use lock-ons? >

How many use lock-ons?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Use them exclusively
20.29%
Use them in combination with climber/ladderstand
68.12%
Don't use them
11.59%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

How many use lock-ons?

Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Spike

Default How many use lock-ons?

I'm trying to gather some data on what % of hunters use lock-ons. I personally have 3 and use a climber as well.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many use lock-ons?

I have 10 hang ons. Its all I have used.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 loc-ons but do not use them very much. I have 3 buckshot big shot portables and they go everywhere I do. I love the idea behind a loc-on but I move to much. Imay hunt the same general area for a week but from 10 diffreent trees.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Typical Buck

I use my climbers almost exclusively. I have a couple of loc ons up but I always seem to want to be somewhere else. I love using the hang ons because its so nice to just walk in and climb and be done rather than humping it up the tree with a climber. I hunt like 4 different spots but am always sitting in different trees so the deer have a harder time pinning me down.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

I have two lock-ons in the woods and then use the climber to get to those "hard to reach" spots or when I find the deer changing patterns.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM

I prefer ladder stands. Lock-Ons don't offer enough room for me, nor, do I want to drill spikes in my trees to get up 15'. Although ladder stands are nortorios for squeaking when climbed and standing up during taking a shot Lock-Ons will eliminate that. It's a 50/50 decision.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

For the moment I use lockons exclusively but will be adding another climber next season. I will still most likely use my Lone Wolf climbing sticks and LW Assault when moving around though.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a climber and a ladder stand, and about 8 lock ons.

This year I bought the Millenium hang on....that thing is IT! It is awesome, and I highly recommend it. Most comfortable lock on by far - you can sit ALL day if you want w/o getting tired or sore. It has aBIG platform, is completely quietand rock solid,and fairly light (14lbs). I don't need to buy another stand now, I'm set. For a $20 bracket, and a $30 climbing stick....I can have another set. Next year with what I have now, I'll have over 20 sets
Old 01-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Site Buck Guru

I have 8 hang ons.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Site Bouncer

I've got 4 hang-ons, a climber (hardly use it), a couple of ladder stands up on private land (year round) as well as a gun stand built into a group of trees that's been there for about 15 years now.....that reminds me, I need to rebuild that sucker again this summer.

Quick Reply: How many use lock-ons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.